The only US TdF winner to stand for Phatty McQuaid's job.

Old December 3rd 12, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default The only US TdF winner to stand for Phatty McQuaid's job.

Go go Greg!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lemo...uci-presidency
--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Old December 3rd 12, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"atriage" a écrit profondement:

| Go go Greg!
| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lemo...uci-presidency

Well it's certainly time for a change, but these matters are
usually settled in the proverbial "Smoky Back Rooms", and I doubt
Greg could pull enough Congressional votes to oust Phatty (Or
defeat whomever Verbruggen nominates as his successor)

Congress elects the President [Constitution, Article 29(1)(e)]

And don't forget, the 2005 was a somewhat weird one when 2 much
better qualified candidates lost out to your friend and mine.

Greg will be sure, most pobably, to get one of the 9 "America"
delegate votes, but more than 3 or 4 others is unreasonable to
expect for a variety of reasons.

And other regions will have other fish to fry, quite apart from
the undoubted delegate manipulation that will take place.

I wish Greg all tthe Luck in the World, but simply don't think he
will make it for many of the same reasons that it would be
practically impossible to oust phatty.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old December 3rd 12, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Davey wrote:
"atriage" a écrit profondement:
| Go go Greg!
| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lemo...uci-presidency
Well it's certainly time for a change, but these matters are
usually settled in the proverbial "Smoky Back Rooms", and I doubt
Greg could pull enough Congressional votes to oust Phatty (Or
defeat whomever Verbruggen nominates as his successor)
Congress elects the President [Constitution, Article 29(1)(e)]
And don't forget, the 2005 was a somewhat weird one when 2 much
better qualified candidates lost out to your friend and mine.
Greg will be sure, most pobably, to get one of the 9 "America"
delegate votes, but more than 3 or 4 others is unreasonable to
expect for a variety of reasons.
And other regions will have other fish to fry, quite apart from
the undoubted delegate manipulation that will take place.
I wish Greg all tthe Luck in the World, but simply don't think he
will make it for many of the same reasons that it would be
practically impossible to oust phatty.

No doubt Phats and his cronies will try and ride out the storm but it's a bigger storm than they will have imagined a few months ago. There's big heat coming down from on high! Maybe they can survive, I sure hope not, I'd love to see the Uniballer's face the day Greg gets elected.

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk

This could be used on Phatty McQuaid. atriage[_7_] Racing 0 October 25th 12 07:34 PM
The pressure on Phatty mounts! atriage[_6_] Racing 0 September 24th 12 04:29 PM
McQuaid's Last Stand ? Keith Racing 40 March 9th 08 08:11 PM
Work stand, truing stand and tool kit for $350 chris c General 18 April 30th 05 11:18 AM
And the winner is..... Just zis Guy, you know? UK 4 December 15th 03 09:48 PM