Opinions?

Old July 13th 11, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
FAT

Default Opinions?

Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. Unreal lightness. (I may
have mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the
season, if I want it.) Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . Some
unique comfort technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. Both look
to be good brands overall. Any preferences or recommendations?

Old July 13th 11, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Choppy Warburton

On Jul 13, 2:15*pm, "FAT" wrote:
Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. *Unreal lightness. *(I may
have mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the
season, if I want it.) *Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . *Some
unique comfort technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. *Both look
to be good brands overall. *Any preferences or recommendations?

Go to competitive cyclist and stop getting ripped off.
Old July 13th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jul 13, 2:15*pm, "FAT" wrote:
Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. *Unreal lightness. *(I may
have mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the
season, if I want it.) *Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . *Some
unique comfort technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. *Both look
to be good brands overall. *Any preferences or recommendations?

End of the season, used Madone? Not for me, thanks. But that's just
from local scuttlebutt over the last 2 or 3 model years of Madones,
which are reported to be one-crash wonders.
That lightness comes from somewhere.

Several people in my cohort, one of whom owns a Crumpton CF bike, have
bought the "Chinese generic" CF frames from ebay and most are doing
well. One cracked seatpost hole recorded so far.

How about a nice custom Davidson Ti instead?
http://davidsonbicycles.com/titanium.html

Only one of those in the cohort, but owned by a very good and very
particular ex-racer woman who reported being entirely happy with the
process and the result.
--D-y
Old July 13th 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

FAT wrote:

Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. Unreal lightness. (I may
have mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the
season, if I want it.) Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . Some
unique comfort technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. Both look
to be good brands overall. Any preferences or recommendations?

Stop jacking off to a ****ing bicycle. Besides Tommy D beat Lance's record up
the Madone. That little Madone brand is about as bright an idea as the title
of Lance's book, "It's Not About the Bike."

Trek should probably be coming out with a new bicycle line soon called "The
Indictment." Maybe they can get Richard Virenque to write the review for
Bicycling Magazine.

Cocksuckers.

Magilla

Old July 13th 11, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 13/07/2011 20:15, FAT wrote:
Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. Unreal lightness. (I may have
mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the season, if I
want it.) Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . Some unique comfort
technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. Both look to be good brands
overall. Any preferences or recommendations?

Go for the one with the Zertz dampners, there's absolutely nothing like being
dampnered by a Zertz. (I always think)

Old July 13th 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Jul 13, 4:12*pm, atriage wrote:
On 13/07/2011 20:15, FAT wrote:

Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. Unreal lightness. (I may have
mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the season, if I
want it.) Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . Some unique comfort
technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. Both look to be good brands
overall. Any preferences or recommendations?

Go for the one with the Zertz dampners, there's absolutely nothing like being
dampnered by a Zertz. (I always think)

What sort of Hertz can a Zertz dampner damp? Is there a wide range of
Hertz that the Zertz will remove the hurts?

Old July 13th 11, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jul 13, 9:15*pm, "FAT" wrote:
Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. *Unreal lightness. *(I may
have mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the
season, if I want it.) *Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . *Some
unique comfort technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. *Both look
to be good brands overall. *Any preferences or recommendations?

I love the American brands with "Roubaix" bike stuff. I'm just waiting
for European manufacturers to make "Camden, NJ" equipment.

-ilan
Old July 13th 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Jul 13, 9:15*pm, "FAT" wrote:
Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. *Unreal lightness. *(I may
have mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the
season, if I want it.) *Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . *Some
unique comfort technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. *Both look
to be good brands overall. *Any preferences or recommendations?

FFS stop playing around with last decade's warmed over
plastic frames with inlaid cysts. Get one of these:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...rs-colnago-c59

"It's full yellow with a chicken on the seat tube."
If your bike doesn't have a chicken on the seat tube
you shouldn't even be posting to rbr.

Thanks,
Fredmaster Ben
Old July 13th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...-thomas-voeckl...

"It's full yellow with a chicken on the seat tube."
If your bike doesn't have a chicken on the seat tube
you shouldn't even be posting to rbr.

Is Rasmussen having his revenge?

Old July 13th 11, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 13/07/2011 23:07, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 13, 5:15 pm, Fredmaster of wrote:
On Jul 13, 9:15 pm, wrote:

Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. Unreal lightness. (I may
have mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the
season, if I want it.) Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . Some
unique comfort technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. Both look
to be good brands overall. Any preferences or recommendations?

FFS stop playing around with last decade's warmed over
plastic frames with inlaid cysts. Get one of these:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...-thomas-voeckl...

"It's full yellow with a chicken on the seat tube."
If your bike doesn't have a chicken on the seat tube
you shouldn't even be posting to rbr.

Is Rasmussen having his revenge?

He's already had it, have you seen him dancing?

PRS-20... Opinions? K2 Techniques 11 November 24th 05 01:36 AM
Opinions? Brad Hubbard Australia 7 November 24th 04 07:03 AM
Your opinions about the following please.. Derk Techniques 6 August 14th 04 10:48 PM
Opinions please Alan UK 5 July 28th 04 01:18 PM
Opinions Please ;- dukey81 Australia 3 November 19th 03 11:44 PM