Is "The Telegraph" the UK's version of "The Onion"?

Old October 29th 12, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Is "The Telegraph" the UK's version of "The Onion"?

http://tinyurl.com/8l42dp4
Old October 29th 12, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

a écrit profondement:

http://tinyurl.com/8l42dp4

Well now, that's really nice to see. Of course no Italian would
stoop to attempting to gain an advantage by doping. And Moser
really did take those five doctors to Mexico to roll Aspirins.

But poor old Pinocchio's schnoz looks more like a horn which
reminds Davey of a potentially tragic scenario at the bullfight
last Saturday.

The bull managed to upend the torreador and was all set for the
kill when the pics and the mats got in fast to save the day. But
before it was driven off, it caught the torreador a good one,
right in her joy-box and she was bleeding quite a bit when they
carried her off.

So there is some truth, it seems, in the old shibboleth; "If you
play with the Bull you'll get the Horn."

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old October 29th 12, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

Davey wrote:
a écrit profondement:

http://tinyurl.com/8l42dp4
Well now, that's really nice to see. Of course no Italian would
stoop to attempting to gain an advantage by doping. And Moser
really did take those five doctors to Mexico to roll Aspirins.

Good support teams are essential, you can never get enough aspirin.

But poor old Pinocchio's schnoz looks more like a horn which
reminds Davey of a potentially tragic scenario at the bullfight
last Saturday.
The bull managed to upend the torreador and was all set for the
kill when the pics and the mats got in fast to save the day. But
before it was driven off, it caught the torreador a good one,
right in her joy-box and she was bleeding quite a bit when they
carried her off.

Her?

So there is some truth, it seems, in the old shibboleth; "If you
play with the Bull you'll get the Horn."
--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
The Flag of Hengest and Hora
http://azurservers.com/images/whiteDragon.jpg

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Old October 30th 12, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"atriage" a écrit profondement:

| before it was driven off, it caught the torreador a good one,
| right in her joy-box and she was bleeding quite a bit when they
| carried her off.
|
| Her?

Yes, "her" -- they are very popular and pull in the punters. In
about half the bouts these days the torreadors physically although
certainly not character-wise, will have no balls.

Here's one, http://azurservers.com/female-matadors1.jpg
and another http://azurservers.com/female-matadors2.jpg

Her name is Mari Paz Vega and she's very popular. (Every teenage
lad is pulling for her - LMAO)

She's also a Matador - mats wear gold the other toreros wear
silver.

Just to keep the record straight though, the word or term
"Matador" alone is only used in English - The matador is correctly
referred to as "Maestro" or "Matador de Toros"

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
The Flag of Hengest and Horsa
http://azurservers.com/images/whiteDragon.jpg
Old November 6th 12, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 30/10/2012 04:24, Davey Crockett wrote:

Just to keep the record straight though, the word or term
"Matador" alone is only used in English - The matador is correctly
referred to as "Maestro" or "Matador de Toros"

Or "cowardly animal abusing ****", to use the vernacular translation.

UD
Old November 17th 12, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
Uncle Dave wrote:

On 30/10/2012 04:24, Davey Crockett wrote:

Just to keep the record straight though, the word or term
"Matador" alone is only used in English - The matador is correctly
referred to as "Maestro" or "Matador de Toros"

Or "cowardly animal abusing ****", to use the vernacular translation.

UD

In the USA we have bull riding
where all the advantages and the
ultimate outcome are to the bull.
The most difficult bulls are revered.

--
Old Fritz
Old November 17th 12, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

Frederick the wrote:
In article ,
Uncle Dave wrote:
On 30/10/2012 04:24, Davey Crockett wrote:

Just to keep the record straight though, the word or term
"Matador" alone is only used in English - The matador is correctly
referred to as "Maestro" or "Matador de Toros"

Or "cowardly animal abusing ****", to use the vernacular translation.

yy
UD

In the USA we have bull riding
where all the advantages and the
ultimate outcome are to the bull.
The most difficult bulls are revered

I read somewhere that it's one of the most dangerous sports on Earth (for the human) and having seen it a few times on TV I can believe it. What impressed me most was the way the bull gets to try and gore the ex-rider while he's lying on the ground having been shaken senseless trying to ride the silly thing.

Old November 17th 12, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 17/11/2012 04:58, Frederick the Great wrote:
In article ,
Uncle Dave wrote:

On 30/10/2012 04:24, Davey Crockett wrote:

Just to keep the record straight though, the word or term
"Matador" alone is only used in English - The matador is correctly
referred to as "Maestro" or "Matador de Toros"

Or "cowardly animal abusing ****", to use the vernacular translation.

UD

In the USA we have bull riding
where all the advantages and the
ultimate outcome are to the bull.
The most difficult bulls are revered.

I quite enjoy bull riding. Being anti-human in most animal versus
mensch situations, I've grappled with my conscience on this one.
Whereas bull "fighting" is simply ritualised slaughter where the bull
has no chance, the bulls in PBR are involved in a contest which they can
actually win. True, one might say it is cruel for anyone to get on
their back, but as they earn points and prizes for their owners the
result is a real contest between man and beast. Which is probably unique.

We get it on TV in the UK. It's a filler I guess, but it's great
viewing though poorly edited. Why are there so many Brazilians among
the top riders?

UD
Old November 17th 12, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Uncle Dave wrote:

On 30/10/2012 04:24, Davey Crockett wrote:

Just to keep the record straight though, the word or term
"Matador" alone is only used in English - The matador is correctly
referred to as "Maestro" or "Matador de Toros"

Or "cowardly animal abusing ****", to use the vernacular translation.

UD

In the USA we have bull riding
where all the advantages and the
ultimate outcome are to the bull.
The most difficult bulls are revered.

I quite enjoy bull riding. Being anti-human in most animal versus
mensch situations, I've grappled with my conscience on this one.
Whereas bull "fighting" is simply ritualised slaughter where the bull
has no chance, the bulls in PBR are involved in a contest which they can
actually win. True, one might say it is cruel for anyone to get on
their back, ....

I think the bulls enjoy having a human on their back that they almost always get to slam into the dirt with great force, highly entertaining, it's a shame we don't see more of it on UK TV.