SOLVANG : Who's going? Looking for ride companions.

Old March 2nd 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default SOLVANG : Who's going? Looking for ride companions.

Looking for people (especially female riders- don't want to get sucked
into the male testosterone fest) who want to ride the Solvang Century
100 mi like this:

Start early, ride about 15 to 18mph (with squirts up to 20-22) from SAG
to SAG, taking 20 to 30 minutes off the bikes at each rest stop ( I
think there are about 5 ? ).

I'm late 40's male doing this ride out of top shape, so hope to start
slower and rest more and accomplish my goal. (under 9 hours total incl
SAG stops) ( I won't embaress you, don't worry)

I have ridden this ride before and even done a double in under 12 hours
on my bike (15 years ago lol)

This time I will be on my inline skates, but in the past have skated
this entire event (both solo and part of 4 person relay) so I know
what I'm getting into.

Thanks!

Solvang Century Route Sheets Wanted David L. Bernstein Rides 0 November 14th 05 06:41 AM
SOLVANG Snake Rides 1 June 28th 05 11:53 PM
Unicycling the Solvang Century nathan Unicycling 8 March 15th 05 04:35 PM
Discovery Team in Solvang, CA Mike Iglesias Racing 27 January 23rd 05 01:36 AM
Where to hook-up with biking companions ? Simon Prince UK 2 July 13th 03 11:13 PM