Cycling in London safer than ever.

Old June 21st 09, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Default Cycling in London safer than ever.

Colin McKenzie wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:21:25 +0100, Tom Crispin

As far as I know, Boris has not cut funding for cycling, instead he
has redistributed funding within the total budget allocations.

Yes.

Isn't he just moving the same amount of money around, promising it here
and there then, when the NextBigIdea come up, shifts it again?
By the time it comes to rest it will have been used up by publicising
all these wonderful - and so far invisible - schemes.

Whatever happend to his implausible 'routemaster?'?
The 'ban the bendy-bus'?
They have both had money spent on them yet it's all just Boris farting
in the bath.
He loves the noise and feeling but in the end it's all meaningless as,
so far, nothing but wind has come out.

As soon as an organisation he hyad previously though of as wonderful
questions any of his ever-changing Master Plan they are immediatley
ememies and should be ignored.

He's had another 15 minutes of fame now it's time for the useless ****
to **** off back to Henley and leave London to those who actually live
here and know how it works.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
Old June 22nd 09, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Keitht KeithT wrote:

Doug wrote:

What I would like to know is, does Boris ever use a car in the course
of his work? If so would this predispose him to the same sort of
motorist mindset exhibited by some posters here?

What was blatantly obvious to me was Boris walking during the tube
strike instead of using his bike.
What message does that send - not one of a cyclist but a politician
needing to look harassed and late for work for the journalists who were
interviewing him.

indeed he is sharp bright bloke, the fluffy haired fool is a handy
persona.

Sound bites and photo-ops - that's what little Boris's are made of.
He's never really seemed like a cyclist - cetainly if he has had that
many bikes nicked. Cyclists would buy a lock and find a better place to
park.

to be fair media aren't intrested really in anything but good copy and
thats soundbites.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Capital to Coast
Old June 24th 09, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
Keitht KeithT tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

Whatever happend to his implausible 'routemaster?'?
The 'ban the bendy-bus'?

I saw on the news the other week that fifty-odd bendy-bussen have been put
up for auction. At the time of the broadcast, the number of bids received
was this: 0.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

The BMA Promote Safer Cycling [email protected] UK 144 June 15th 18 10:42 AM
Boardman volunteers to help make London safer for cyclists. spindrift UK 4 January 6th 09 11:57 PM
Cycling is safer with LANCE gone [email protected] Racing 4 July 14th 08 08:17 AM
London cycling Jack Russell Australia 1 March 16th 08 05:39 AM
West London commute - any suggestions for a safer route? [email protected] UK 23 November 28th 06 05:18 PM