Anybody been to MOAB lately?

Old May 17th 12, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Scott Gordo

Default Anybody been to MOAB lately?

Slightly OT:

Rode a couple days in Moab back in '95 or so.

I'm going to be in SLC next month and plan to shoot down for a couple
days. Anybody have recommendations on who to rent from? I was going to
hit Poison Spider. I ride an old 26 hardtail mtb, and even that seemed
overkill for slickrock.

Thanks!
Old May 17th 12, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:06:03 AM UTC-6, Scott Gordo wrote:
Slightly OT:

Rode a couple days in Moab back in '95 or so.

I'm going to be in SLC next month and plan to shoot down for a couple
days. Anybody have recommendations on who to rent from? I was going to
hit Poison Spider. I ride an old 26 hardtail mtb, and even that seemed
overkill for slickrock.

Thanks!

ASK DIRT ROADIE...he's down the track...
Old May 17th 12, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

On May 17, 11:30*am, datakoll wrote:
On Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:06:03 AM UTC-6, Scott Gordo wrote:
Slightly OT:

Rode a couple days in Moab back in '95 or so.

I'm going to be in SLC next month and plan to shoot down for a couple
days. Anybody have recommendations on who to rent from? I was going to
hit Poison Spider. I ride an old 26 hardtail mtb, and even that seemed
overkill for slickrock.

Thanks!

ASK DIRT ROADIE...he's down the track...

I'm not far away and have been going there since before mountain bikes
existed as a commercial venture. But I can't say that I have kept up
well on the goings on there and have never had much to do with the
shops. I only rented a bike once (Rim Cyclery-probably 12 years ago)
when I opted for a one-day replacement after damaging my own.
I was last there in the fall. There are oodles of newer trails that I
have not ridden. Some of the new infrastructure is mind boogling to
me, you will probably be surprised too if you have not seen it since
'95.

But I'm always glad to plug my favorite webcam.
http://eldesierto.org/Isky.jpg

DR

Moab Harry[_2_] Mountain Biking 4 April 25th 07 08:21 PM
Who all went to MOAB? thewildchildisback Unicycling 33 March 30th 06 02:42 AM
Little Moab vivalargo Unicycling 6 March 20th 06 10:44 PM
Little Moab eyal Unicycling 0 March 19th 06 05:04 AM
Moab in Nov?? BG Mountain Biking 4 August 12th 03 03:11 PM