New and Confused!

Old February 25th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jenneration

Default New and Confused!

Y'all have been great - what a friendly place (so far =P ) - thanks for
all the replys!

If anyone has any advice or tips for this newbie, doesn't matter if it
's about buying, the unicycle itself or riding ... please do tell!

--
Jenneration
Jenneration's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14430

Old February 25th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

spending lots of money on a unicycle is not a waste
you will be able to ride it, you can do anything if you put your mind
to it
good luck

--
sp4rky-m4rky
sp4rky-m4rky's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14270

Old February 25th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

Jenneration wrote:
Y'all have been great - what a friendly place (so far =P ) - thanks for
all the replys!

If anyone has any advice or tips for this newbie, doesn't matter if it
's about buying, the unicycle itself or riding ... please do tell!

Hello, welcome to the fora!

I'm not sure how shipping works out in Canada, but 'Unicycle.com'
(http://www.unicycle.com) is where I've got all 3 of my unicycles.
Great service and speedy deliveries.

As for general tips, have a look at the link in my signature. I kept a
day-by-day journal of my first 35 days learning to unicycle, and it's
helped many newbies learn the sport. It's fairly detailed, well-written
(in mine and others' opinion), and there are tips at the end of each
entry.

Good luck!
-Matt

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

James_Potter wrote:
Save a cherry, pop a collar!

dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

Old February 25th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Have you tried 'DARREN' (http://www.bedfordunicycles.ca/) in Toronto?
Give him a call and he will steer you the right way. As a distributor,
he has to be one of the most helpful folks I know for setting people up
with the right ride.

I would go for a cheapo 24" to learn on if you're at least 5 feet tall.
It will be more versatile than a 20" after you learn. Avoid Savage
saddles and the original Torker saddles which were designed for
children. Finding used unicycles for a reasonable price is not that
easy.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

Finally made it to my (n+1)th post....* TOTALLY AWESOME!!!*

Unicycle For the Chafing

Old February 25th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I've got a used learner uni that just needs some new pedals, I'm in
Ottawa so if you aren't too far off then it shouldn't be too hard for
you to get ahold of it. The Norco unis are overpriced and not really
all that worth it. I had one and so did a friend of mine so I have
payed the money for it before. Also if you are looking for a cheap new
one, then most bike shops can actualy order one for you for 130
Canadian, plus tax which comes out to about 150, so you save about 20
bucks. Its basically the same as the Norco just its chrome instead of
black so at least its a bit cheaper.

O and stay away from ordering from Unicycle.com, it costs way to much
to get unicycles across the border, you are pretty much always going to
be better off just getting the unicycle from in Canada, or at most from
Ebay.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old February 25th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beener

I had a Norco 20".
Lets all remember that if you haven't heard of NORCO, then you don't
know who Kris Holm's is.
HE WAS A NORCO FACTORY RIDER FOR ABOUT 100 YEARS. The Norco 20 or 24
would do you fine for now. The seat is a KH knock off and is still a
really great seat. The pedals are fine and the wheel is quite good as
well. You would have to get way better than BEGGINER to need an
upgrade. I am in Kingston, Ontario, so if your close, look me up.

--
Beener

Unicycle for Pic-a-Pop!!
Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817

Old February 26th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

harper wrote:
Have you tried 'DARREN' (http://www.bedfordunicycles.ca/) in Toronto?
Give him a call and he will steer you the right way. As a distributor,
he has to be one of the most helpful folks I know for setting people up
with the right ride.

I would go for a cheapo 24" to learn on if you're at least 5 feet tall.
It will be more versatile than a 20" after you learn. Avoid Savage
saddles and the original Torker saddles which were designed for
children. Finding used unicycles for a reasonable price is not that
easy.

+1

darren is great, helpful, and nice.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

Evan wrote:
Buy my wheel damnit

Old February 26th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jenneration

I emailed Darren; actually, I've his name well spoken of a lot! Seems
promising!

Old February 26th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
abbabibble

Darren is cool.

Also, as said before, spending a good amount on a unicycle is not a
waste.
Get something decent that will last you a while.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

uni_jim wrote:
isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?

'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
*PANIC BUTTON--' '
(http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Old February 26th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

abbabibble wrote:

Get something decent that will last you a while.

Read: 'Don't get a CX.'

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

New and Confused! Hazmat Unicycling 0 February 25th 07 12:01 PM
New and Confused! ivan Unicycling 0 February 25th 07 11:57 AM
confused?!?! crazykidkyle Unicycling 1 January 31st 07 03:14 AM
Tom is confused MagillaGorilla Racing 14 November 28th 04 11:03 AM
Tom is confused MagillaGorilla Racing 0 November 25th 04 11:47 PM