Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Old January 9th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

Default Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Also, thinking about it, the minimum you really need for full adjustment
is just a fixed t-bar out back for the seat, and an extendible backward
and forward bar to the front for the handles. It only really needs to be
a straight bar, you can alter the relative height of bars and saddle by
tilting the saddle backwards.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new pics'
(http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
'Where have I been riding? (GPS) ' (http://tinyurl.com/6fxw5x)
Old January 9th 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

Just flipped the front around again for a little more upright position.
I'll have to compare these two positions when I'm recovered.

|Filename: P090109_14.39[01].jpg |

munirocks

mono for bono
Old January 9th 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

I think munirocks has almost got it, the "r-frame" just need to be able
to tilt that seat forward (down in front) so that the saddle is level
when riding; assuming body position is like riding a bicycle with your
hind quarters behind the axle and hands in front.

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/alb...pictureid=480]

--
MuniSano
Old January 9th 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/pic...pictureid=480]

Sorry meant to post a rough comparison of the proposed "t-frame" vs.
"r-frame."

--
MuniSano
Old January 9th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

Well, the thing is that the more I tilt the saddle downwards, the harder
it gets to ride without both hands on the handle, because with that
center of gravity I would slide down to the front... Although I keep my
hands on the handle most of the time anyways, I would like to keep the
ability to take my hands off for a moment.

--
munirocks

mono for bono
Old January 9th 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
napalm

Considering kris is about to bring out a new touring bar for the KH36 i
hope he is reading this thread. I think it is unlikely that the 1st gen
will be as radical as some of these designs, but maybe it will give him
some ideas about where to take the distance unicycle frame/handle wise.
mark

--
napalm
Old January 9th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BoojiBoy

I like the r-frame. Having the frame support right under your body is a
good idea. but looking at the mock-up of the r-frame, it's still another
poor-man's v-frame. I think we need some comparison rides.

@munirocks: Get well soon. We need your valuable R&D data.

I think from a production standpoint, we definitely need more
development on a V-frame, but as far as handles go, a t7 that could
clamp onto the seat post r-frame style looks like a decent substitute.
Maybe you could make a straight bar t7 that would work as both a T-frame
or an r-frame, depending on your preference.

I think the T-frame has potential for a longer reach. How far back do
you think you could go before you can't reach the pedals? The r-frame
seems to lose wheel clearance the further back you go, since the seat
placement is basically on an arc that follows the wheel.

Anyone else kind of excited by the rapid development going on here?
I'll always remember where I was the day Ken introduced the T-frame.

--
BoojiBoy

Old January 9th 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BoojiBoy

munirocks;1167463 wrote:
Well, the thing is that the more I tilt the saddle downwards, the harder
it gets to ride without both hands on the handle, because with that
center of gravity I would slide down to the front... Although I keep my
hands on the handle most of the time anyways, I would like to keep the
ability to take my hands off for a moment.

What about a seat that had two positions? Like a hinge that would allow
the front to come up and level out when you let go of the handles and
put more weight to the back?

--
BoojiBoy

Old January 9th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

BoojiBoy;1167475 wrote:
I like the r-frame. Having the frame support right under your body is a
good idea. but looking at the mock-up of the r-frame, it's still another
poor-man's v-frame. I think we need some comparison rides.

I don't get the r-frame (I called it the 7-frame). It looks just like
what people have currently (long poles sticking out the front). The
only difference is that it is less upright than what most people run.

The reason for the T-frame was to have two short poles rather than one
long one. I think the r-frame/7-frame would have the same problems with
strength/flex which I was trying to point out in this thread.

Someone should do another graphic with a bike and
V-frame/R-frame/T-frame superimposed. See if you can line up the
handlebars and seat.

--
GizmoDuck

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details. www.induni.adventureunicyclist.com
The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net
The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org
Old January 9th 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
turtle

i could give the flipped T7 a try. the ride was about an hour, traveling
speed: 25km/h.. steering: no prblem. i was able to shift the gear...
for me is this setup still to short, i can't use the pads for the
ellbows... waiting for my T piece which will be longer... back is
hurting a little bit, i'm not used to this position...

|Filename: DSC04162.jpg |

turtle

-'platzangst' (http://www.platzangst.com/)-
'-schlumpf-' (http://www.schlumpf.ch/)