Walking a bicycle into a store

Old April 10th 12, 03:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Walking a bicycle into a store

On Apr 10, 5:34 am, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 4/8/2012 5:58 PM, Dan O wrote:

On Apr 8, 5:12 am, Duane wrote:
On 4/8/2012 1:06 AM, Dan O wrote:

Sometimes it's not safe to leave your bike outside and you shopping is
not pleasant. There's a solution with a folding bike, which is to fold
it in two and stick in the shopping cart.
Hmm... so you can push a wheeled shopping cart around the store with
you, but not a bicycle. When the store dickhead says you can't bring
your bike in for "liability" reasons, that's your cue to roll their
shopping cart over your toe and say, "ouch."

(That said, I understand their point, to a point, but I can handle my
bike safely [no comments from the peanut gallery, please ;-], and
don't like to leave it out of my sight in public areas.)

Seems like a better place to lock up your bike is what's necessary.
Here's a thought. Get more people cycling. Then get cyclists to
boycott the store until they supply safe storage.

Who, me?

Whoever had the problem with bikes banned from stores.

snip

I ride my whjeelie bike...

http://i53.tinypic.com/jihxk0.jpg

... anywhere in my home town (store, post office, bank, hardware
store, fire station, restaurant... anywhere) and leave it outside
unlocked. No problem.

I had a bike not much different than your whjeelie bike stolen in New
Orleans when the thieves had to saw through a cable to get it. Pretty
much always lock the bike...

Didn't seem to do you much good, did it.

... or don't let it out of my sight.

Hence the subject line.
Old April 10th 12, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Scott Gordo

i enjoyed the old post about the bookstore and the two old ladies.
Old April 11th 12, 11:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

On 4/10/2012 10:17 AM, Dan O wrote:
On Apr 10, 5:34 am, Duane wrote:
On 4/8/2012 5:58 PM, Dan O wrote:

On Apr 8, 5:12 am, Duane wrote:
On 4/8/2012 1:06 AM, Dan O wrote:
[...]

Kryptonite.

... or don't let it out of my sight.

Hence the subject line.

Kryptonite. It's not likely that the local groceries are allowing
cyclists to bring in bikes any time soon.