Things I've learnt this week...

Old June 23rd 04, 09:31 PM
paul

Default Things I've learnt this week...

I can't track stand a 'bent, come to that I can't go very very slowly
either. It's not far to fall though

I can't spin fast enough to use the granny gear

I've got musles that hold my head up (ouch)

'bents at still peddal cycles and need peddaling (why didn't anyone tell
me this?)

'bents are probably the best invention in the world, ever D

--
..paul

If at first you don't succeed...
Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.
Old June 23rd 04, 10:14 PM
Danny Colyer

paul wrote:
I can't track stand a 'bent, come to that I can't go very very slowly
either. It's not far to fall though

Going very very slowly will come with practice. I can manage 2mph
easily enough.

Track standing will probably never happen.

I can't spin fast enough to use the granny gear

Just wait until you find a really good hill ...

I've got musles that hold my head up (ouch)

Probably quite fortunate, really.

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Old June 23rd 04, 10:57 PM
Mark South

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message
paul wrote:
I can't track stand a 'bent, come to that I can't go very very slowly
either. It's not far to fall though

Going very very slowly will come with practice. I can manage 2mph
easily enough.

Track standing will probably never happen.

I can't spin fast enough to use the granny gear

Just wait until you find a really good hill ...

I've got musles that hold my head up (ouch)

Probably quite fortunate, really.

All of which makes me wonder, is anyone riding fixed on a 'bent?
--
"The threads in your trousers are probably quite stable
dimensionally but you can deform the trousers quite happily."

Old June 24th 04, 10:31 AM
Dave Larrington

Mark South wrote:

All of which makes me wonder, is anyone riding fixed on a 'bent?

I doubt it, though there was one many years ago, the Mini Micro Missile
IIRC, which was pedalled by Doug Malewicki's young daughter Michelle to
about 30 mph. Googles. Ah. It was actually a prone.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old June 24th 04, 04:36 PM
Graeme

Jon Senior wrote in
:

As for trackstanding one. I'm sure that if I declare it impossible
someone will prove me wrong but... go on then!

There are a number which are low enough to the ground that you only need
reach down with one hand to keep yourself upright. Not technically a
trackstand, but near enough!

Graeme
Old June 24th 04, 06:08 PM
Ian Smith

On Thu, 24 Jun, Jon Senior wrote:

As for trackstanding one. I'm sure that if I declare it impossible
someone will prove me wrong but... go on then!

I can remmain stationary on one spot pretty much indefinitely on
mine...

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old June 24th 04, 06:09 PM
anonymous coward

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:08:31 +0000, Ian Smith wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jun, Jon Senior wrote:

As for trackstanding one. I'm sure that if I declare it impossible
someone will prove me wrong but... go on then!

I can remmain stationary on one spot pretty much indefinitely on
mine...

ISTR yours is a trike?

If I'm wrong, I will be impressed (and ask for instructions).

AC

Old June 24th 04, 06:55 PM
Danny Colyer

Ian Smith wrote:
I can remmain stationary on one spot pretty much indefinitely on
mine...

Yeah, but I think riding with a stabiliser is cheating :-P

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

Has the board been down everyday this week for anyone else? toughnuts Unicycling 2 March 20th 04 10:10 AM
Commuting Report: Week 2 Jeff General 1 October 11th 03 11:27 PM
One week cycling in the UK Arthur Clune UK 1 August 20th 03 01:52 PM
Week day chain gangs in London Bert Smith UK 4 July 25th 03 11:57 PM