Woods Tire Valve Repair Kits and LED Valve Caps Now Available inthe U.S.

Old December 28th 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Woods Tire Valve Repair Kits and LED Valve Caps Now Available inthe U.S.

Daiso, the Japanese $1.50 store near me has a good selection of bicycle
accessories, but one of the strangest things is that they carry two
products for Woods tire valves, repair kits and LED lights. No where do
they indicate that these products are not used on any bicycles in the
U.S.. The valve caps look like you might be able to put them onto Presta
valves if you tried really hard. Woods valves were popular in China, and
presumably Japan.

Here's one of them:
http://www.daisojapan.com/p-11511-blinking-valve-cap-for-bicycle-12pks.aspx.
Old December 28th 10, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

SMS wrote:

Daiso, the Japanese $1.50 store near me has a good selection of bicycle
accessories, but one of the strangest things is that they carry two
products for Woods tire valves, repair kits and LED lights.

The only thing any of us needs to know about Woods valves is this: A
rim that takes a Woods valve will also take a Schrader valve.
Old December 28th 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

there's a monkey in Tieland wondering what the hell heza gonna do with
5000 schrader valve cores.....

Old December 29th 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Stephen Bauman

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:48:19 -0800, SMS wrote:

The valve caps look like you might be able to put them onto Presta
valves if you tried really hard. Woods valves were popular in China, and
presumably Japan.

The screw base for where the air goes into a Woods valve is the same as
for a Presta valve. Put another way, a Presta adapter or Presta valve
extender will also screw onto a Woods valve. So you don't have to work
"really hard" to use the LED caps on a presta valve.

I'll usually encounter about 1 Woods valve a year, when I help out on
NYC's Summer Streets program. Woods valves will not work on smarthead
pump heads. My solution is to use a Presta valve extender.

--
Stephen Bauman
Old December 30th 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...o q=&gs_rfai=

why is there a Woods valve ?
Old December 30th 10, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Stephen Bauman wrote:

I'll usually encounter about 1 Woods valve a year, when I help out on
NYC's Summer Streets program.

The last time I saw one in the shop was a few weeks ago when someone
brought in a Swiss Army bike. That thing was like a trip back to the
'90s. (The 1890s, that is.)

Chalo
Old December 30th 10, 08:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

kolldata wrote:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...o q=&gs_rfai=
why is there a Woods valve ?

Why not? They work acceptably well.

On much of this earth that's what a 'bicycle valve' looks like.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Valve_stem

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old December 30th 10, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Dec 30, 11:51*am, Chalo wrote:
Stephen Bauman wrote:

I'll usually encounter about 1 Woods valve a year, when I help out on
NYC's Summer Streets program.

The last time I saw one in the shop was a few weeks ago when someone
brought in a Swiss Army bike. *That thing was like a trip back to the
'90s. *(The 1890s, that is.)

You're just jealous because your own bike does not have a rifle rack!
-- Jay Beattie.

http://oldbike.wordpress.com/1939-ar...h-rifle-clips/
Old December 30th 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Jay Beattie wrote:
On Dec 30, 11:51 am, Chalo wrote:
Stephen Bauman wrote:

I'll usually encounter about 1 Woods valve a year, when I help out on
NYC's Summer Streets program.

The last time I saw one in the shop was a few weeks ago when someone
brought in a Swiss Army bike. That thing was like a trip back to the
'90s. (The 1890s, that is.)

You're just jealous because your own bike does not have a rifle rack!
-- Jay Beattie.

http://oldbike.wordpress.com/1939-ar...h-rifle-clips/

I've strapped fishing rods and compound bows to my bicycle top tube, but
never a rifle.

I once had a Browning .22 cal rifle, that had a nifty method of twisting
in the middle and becoming two pieces. It could fit in a rucksack
easily. Made in 1914 and costing me $5, I received the weapon in poor
condition and had to get the firing pin repaired. I spent a while re
bluing the barrel and action, and re finishing the stock. Had a scope
mount put on, and it was a very handy rabbiting gun.

A few years later some dip**** shot a heap of people in Tassie, and our
then PM, Little John Howard, had a knee jerk reaction and banned all
semi auto rifles.

It was a sad day, I remember, when I handed that little beauty in, to
receive a piece of paper worth $300 for it. That was not compensation
enough.

Thanks John "******" Howard.

JS.
Old December 30th 10, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Dec 28, 4:26*pm, Chalo wrote:
SMS wrote:

Daiso, the Japanese $1.50 store near me has a good selection of bicycle
accessories, but one of the strangest things is that they carry two
products for Woods tire valves, repair kits and LED lights.

The only thing any of us needs to know about Woods valves is this: *A
rim that takes a Woods valve will also take a Schrader valve.

Indeed. Used them growing up. The only redeeming quality is that you
can fix them with spit.

Need Woods Valve Tube Bubba Techniques 5 September 19th 06 10:04 PM
LED valve caps Pete Biggs UK 6 November 11th 05 08:23 PM
LED valve caps Martin Dann UK 7 November 11th 05 07:53 PM
LED valve caps D.M. Procida UK 17 July 31st 05 10:23 PM
Woods valve suppliers in US Adam Rush Techniques 1 June 10th 04 02:31 PM