Might a little tire tread actually matter with a large slick?

Old November 16th 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default Might a little tire tread actually matter with a large slick?

sand water mud ...itsall hydroplanning from the tire's perspective.
the loose stuff on the relatively hard road surface(s) iare fluids.
grooves and sipes allow tread to sink into and bite the surface nt
float over it. BITE think BITE
Old November 16th 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_6_]

?"Shot from Guns" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 00:27:16 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt wrote:

Aircraft tires are unlike any other
application, they're subjet to massive loads at high speeds.

Well true story the rear tire on my bicycle was subjected to a massive
load
at high speeds once -- It was after a night at the bar capped off by a
meal
at Taco Bell. I pedaled my ass off but didn't quite make it home in
time.

Thanks for sharing.

Bill "test post to see if phantom question mark is gone" S.

Old November 16th 10, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Nov 16, 11:36*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
?"...

snip

Bill "test post to see if phantom question mark is gone" S.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...7-2fdb1f9d1c35

Old November 16th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

landotter wrote:

The Performance Gotham might be worth a try. It's the most hosey of
the Panaracer Pasela family, but still half a pound less per end than
what I've got. Once you rock a 900g tire, just about anything feels
like a race day tire. The Gotham may actually be cheaper on sale at
Nashformancego than cost +10 on the Panaracer branded version. Oy.

I put those-- 700x35 Gothams-- on my lovely wife's Chicago Schwinn
(which she has named "Cake In A Cup"). They are chunky shoes for
sure, but quieter by far and almost certainly faster than my CST
Ciudads.

Chalo
Old November 16th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 11/16/2010 8:27 AM, landotter wrote:
[...]
The Performance Gotham might be worth a try.[...]

A tire named after a town in Wisconsin! Wow!

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Old November 17th 10, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Nov 15, 11:33*pm, kolldata wrote:
right. Wearing wearing:http://www.zappos.com/multiview/7598021/155

the body is a supportive net. the tread excellent climbing loose dirt/
sand hills/dunes. carries yards of debris into the truck.
Not good for the tennis court but I lost my stroke somewhere back in
1966 so....
Is the road a tennis court or sand dune ?

maybe yawl hung on TdF racer slicks. What are the TdF managers
mounting for all day rain thru French limestone bottomland farm
roads ?
Race course surfaces are coarse, unworn down by traffic then vacuumed
before the weekend.
Conti slicks work well on clean asphalt then rely on superior carcass
and rubber to twiddle over the garbage.
Contact ! a source of humor. Conti's range includes slippery hi
mileage low intelligence tires and the TT cafe touring excellence.
And CST - scent trall standard thyme ? - aphids ? and the Big Apple ?
Old November 17th 10, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

and what if not Vanwall ?

Old November 17th 10, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Nov 16, 11:49 am, Dan O wrote:
On Nov 16, 11:36 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

?"...

snip

Bill "test post to see if phantom question mark is gone" S.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ork/thread/3f4...

(It has just occurred to me that he'll never see this :-)

Oh well, have fun with the that buggy computer, anyway ;-)
Old November 17th 10, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 11/16/2010 7:43 PM, kolldata aka AVOGADRO V wrote:
[...]
What are the TdF managers mounting [...]

Podium girls if they are lucky.

Old November 17th 10, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 11/16/2010 8:08 PM, kolldata aka AVOGADRO V wrote:

and what if not Vanwall ?

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2006/10/cooper-t43.jpg

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Nightrider Ti Is there a proper tread direction? tomblackwood Unicycling 9 September 22nd 08 03:36 AM
Need ideas for 36" tire tread unisk8r Unicycling 18 March 20th 08 02:48 PM
Tire tread. Brian O. Unicycling 22 January 13th 08 06:32 AM
armadillo tire tread detached zara Techniques 11 September 11th 06 02:06 PM
Trailer tire tread Dave Reckoning Techniques 5 May 24th 05 01:23 PM