Use tubes in tubeless?

Old August 15th 09, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
DaveC

Default Use tubes in tubeless?

I found a great price on a pair tubeless tires. My spoke wheels probably
won't like them without tubes.

Is there any reason not to use tubeless tires on spoke rims with tubes?

These will be used mostly on roads, some trails, parks. No jumping, dropping,
etc.

Thanks.

Old August 15th 09, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
someone

On 15 Aug, 04:55, DaveC wrote:
I found a great price on a pair tubeless tires. My spoke wheels probably
won't like them without tubes.

Is there any reason not to use tubeless tires on spoke rims with tubes?

These will be used mostly on roads, some trails, parks. No jumping, dropping,
etc.

Thanks.

Not so supple as running without tube. pPossibly not as supple as
aregular casing and tube. Pro's: if the casing is self healing then
puncture resistance should be improved in relation to a regular casing
and tube. Worth a whirl if the price is right.
Old August 15th 09, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
DaveC

They're 26x1.9

Old August 15th 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson[_5_]

DaveC wrote:
I found a great price on a pair tubeless tires. My spoke wheels
probably won't like them without tubes.

Is there any reason not to use tubeless tires on spoke rims with
tubes?

These will be used mostly on roads, some trails, parks. No jumping,
dropping, etc.

Thanks.

They'll be heavier than regular tires. Might be hard to mount (designed to
be very tight fit).

There are gajillions of cheap tubed tires out there; why go with these?

Old August 15th 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
di

"DaveC" wrote in message
I found a great price on a pair tubeless tires. My spoke wheels probably
won't like them without tubes.

Is there any reason not to use tubeless tires on spoke rims with tubes?

These will be used mostly on roads, some trails, parks. No jumping,
dropping,
etc.

Thanks.

They will work just fine, I've put tube in 2 sets,

Old August 15th 09, 12:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
BobT[_3_]

"DaveC" wrote in message
I found a great price on a pair tubeless tires. My spoke wheels probably
won't like them without tubes.

Is there any reason not to use tubeless tires on spoke rims with tubes?

These will be used mostly on roads, some trails, parks. No jumping,
dropping,
etc.

Thanks.

Is thre any reason to use them at all?

BobT

Old August 15th 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
P. Chisholm

On Aug 14, 9:55*pm, DaveC wrote:
I found a great price on a pair tubeless tires. My spoke wheels probably
won't like them without tubes.

Is there any reason not to use tubeless tires on spoke rims with tubes?

These will be used mostly on roads, some trails, parks. No jumping, dropping,
etc.

Thanks.

You can use a tube with any tubeless tire.
Old August 15th 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
landotter

On Aug 14, 10:55*pm, DaveC wrote:
I found a great price on a pair tubeless tires. My spoke wheels probably
won't like them without tubes.

Is there any reason not to use tubeless tires on spoke rims with tubes?

These will be used mostly on roads, some trails, parks. No jumping, dropping,
etc.

You'll be fine. However, if you wanna go tubeless, a Stan's Kit isn't
too expensive, about $50. It comes with rim strips with valves, and a
bottle of sealant. Google "stan's no tubes". The main point is to be
able to run stupid low pressures without pinches, but the regular flat
prevention is pretty cool too. A bit of a PITA to set up, you'll
really want an air compressor to seat the tire.

Mounting Tubeless Tire on tubeless rim [email protected] Mountain Biking 2 November 7th 06 02:41 PM
tubeless? snuffiluffigus Unicycling 3 March 28th 06 10:48 PM
self sealing tubes HD commuting touring tubes patch glue knee how ma [email protected] Techniques 5 February 8th 06 02:37 AM
Gluing tubes to tubes Ted Techniques 12 January 31st 05 09:43 PM
Tubeless? Jon Bond Mountain Biking 4 July 7th 03 02:42 AM