Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

Old November 19th 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default SEE IMPERIAL DAM

On Nov 19, 1:32*pm, kolldata wrote:
ITS B. SORENSEN *!!

http://travel.sulekha.com/india/raja.../elephant-para...

Which one? They all look alike.

JS.
Old November 19th 10, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

you missed the point.

how's the gizmoid coming alog ?
Old November 19th 10, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On Nov 19, 2:01*pm, kolldata wrote:
you missed the point.

how's the gizmoid coming alog ?

Sorry mate, I only catch a small portion of your points. Must be
tuned to different channels.

Gizmoid?

J.
Old November 19th 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

On Nov 18, 2:37 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Nov 18, 5:23 pm, James wrote:

On Nov 19, 4:11 am, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Nov 18, 6:32 am, James wrote:

Dear Carl,

Why is it that we tend to focus on the death statistics and overlook
the serious injuries?
Another reason is that counts of fatalities and counts of serious
injuries tend to move in parallel.

However when there is a small sample of deaths there will likely be a
much larger sample of serious injuries, hence better data
statistically speaking.

Perhaps, if you can find the data at all.

Another problem - related to what I've already mentioned - is that
even if a definition is agreed upon, there is a spectrum of "serious"
injury. A broken collarbone would probably meet most definitions of
"serious," but it's in a completely different league than, say, a
collapsed lung or an amputated leg.

I just skimmed the paper Jay linked. I see that their definition of
"serious traumatic event" was "any medical treatment sought." So if a
person falls and skins his knee and he (or his mommie) says "I want
the doctor to clean that," it becomes a "serious" injury. If he
cleans it himself, it's not serious. That indicates the data isn't
necessarily better.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11220713

Old November 19th 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Nov 18, 7:05 pm, James wrote:
On Nov 19, 2:01 pm, kolldata wrote:

you missed the point.

how's the gizmoid coming alog ?

Sorry mate, I only catch a small portion of your points. Must be
tuned to different channels.

Gizmoid?

The thing you were making.
Old November 19th 10, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

the casualties are elsewhere like Feenix ? Feenix has a 110% negative
rating outside of same.

what I see are very long sight lines. no shoulders off course exceptin
the dirt berm averaing maybe 3-4 miles of it each side but then some
riders fight for it so there you have it. Most Desert people I've met
tend tube ill tempered but maybe that's my fault. My count is a good
70% are borderline nuerotics. Its the heat ?

The irrigation systems are fascinating. Green water cooling thru the
barren desert, whispering reeds: peaceful like a large cathedral.
Riding is like that.

Old November 19th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan

Default Tom Sherman is doing that thing that gets past kill files

"Bill Sornson" writes:

?...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7network/thread/3f4b7a1f-1dfb-448c-b187-2fdb1f9d1c35&usg=AFQjCNHiF9bIrjQGcVEMb76EFVauGB6Zp A

Old November 19th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Nov 18, 7:18 pm, kolldata wrote:
On Nov 18, 7:15 pm, kolldata wrote:

the casualties are elsewhere like Feenix ? Feenix has a 110% negative
rating outside of same.

what I see are very long sight lines. no shoulders off course exceptin
the dirt berm averaing maybe 3-4 miles of it each side but then some
riders fight for it so there you have it. Most Desert people I've met
tend tube ill tempered but maybe that's my fault. My count is a good
70% are borderline nuerotics. Its the heat ?

The irrigation systems are fascinating. Green water cooling thru the
barren desert, whispering reeds: peaceful like a large cathedral.
Riding is like that.

forgot

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...hots.com/12/9/...

Wow! That is awesome! Thanks for the new wallpaper :-)

snip

Old November 19th 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Nov 17, 9:52*pm, "Tom Sherman °_° --"
wrote:
On 11/17/2010 9:21 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

[...]
Yep, it's a psychological thing. *People have greater fear for rare
events that they can't do anything about, than they do for common
events that they _could_ control, but don't. *That's why people are
irrationally afraid of commercial aviation, but not of far riskier
motoring.

butbutbut, you do not have to deal with TSA goons while motoring.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

yeah butbutbut yawl don't havum in your backyard either. you fail to
understand the problem.
Old November 19th 10, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On Nov 19, 2:10*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Nov 18, 7:05 pm, James wrote:

On Nov 19, 2:01 pm, kolldata wrote:

you missed the point.

how's the gizmoid coming alog ?

Sorry mate, I only catch a small portion of your points. *Must be
tuned to different channels.

Gizmoid?

The thing you were making.

Thanks, Dan. I feel like blind deer that is not moving.

JS.