A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Question Red Wellgo Look-compatible cleats (model RC-5, 9-degreesof lateral float adjustment)

Old February 23rd 17, 10:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Question Red Wellgo Look-compatible cleats (model RC-5, 9-degreesof lateral float adjustment)

What is the little alan head bolt for in the middle of the cleat, which is surrounded by what looks like a rubber grommet, and how are you supposed to adjust it?

The instructions don't mention anything about this little bolt, but the grommet-looking thing around it has a "+" and a "-" embossed in it, indicating that it is supposed to be adjusted(?)

I thought it might be to adjust the force necessary for pedal release, but of course the pedal itself already has an adjustment for that, so it didn't seem logical to have two identical modes of adjusting pedal release force.

Thanks, everyone.
Ads
Old February 24th 17, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Question Red Wellgo Look-compatible cleats (model RC-5,9-degrees of lateral float adjustment)

So Andrew, do you mean that I am supposed to adjust the height of the little rubber button so it protrudes proud of the rest of the cleat, giving me better traction while walking?