A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

Old January 10th 17, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann
external usenet poster

Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 04:59:37 -0800 (PST), DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
wrote:

So, Mr. Liebermann you're illness is not recent ?

Well, that's a problem. We've tried to get lycanthropy listed as a
genuine malady worthy of a medical billing code so that it is covered
by various government and private insurance plans. So far, this has
been unsuccessful, but we'll keep trying. The main problem seems to
be getting medical staff to work on the night of the full moon.
Meanwhile, it's not an official illness. Also, from the point of view
of a werewolf, normal humans are the one's with the illness and are
considered little better than a meal.

Speaking of the full moon, have you ever wondered why we went to the
moon and brought back 382 kg (842 lbs) of moon rocks?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Ads
Old January 10th 17, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 10:07:38 AM UTC-8, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
wrote:

The entry orbit of the Lunar Lander has to be EXTREMELY precise. They had to have backup plans in case the Lander failed to leave orbit and have to re-enter without having fired the engines that would take them to the Moon.

In those days it could take weeks to work out the re-entry orbits so after flying to the moon they carried back approximately the same weight as the fuel consumed. This was the short cut to massive calculations.
Old January 10th 17, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 10:29:25 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 10:07:38 AM UTC-8, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
wrote:

The entry orbit of the Lunar Lander has to be EXTREMELY precise. They had to have backup plans in case the Lander failed to leave orbit and have to re-enter without having fired the engines that would take them to the Moon.

In those days it could take weeks to work out the re-entry orbits so after flying to the moon they carried back approximately the same weight as the fuel consumed. This was the short cut to massive calculations.

I should add that these rocks in and of themselves had a lot of scientific (geological) value.
Old January 10th 17, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:07:38 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
wrote:

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

no, why ?
Old January 10th 17, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 7:37:34 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 1:59:35 PM UTC-8, wrote:
But the entire state is on a flood watch.

But the riding will undoubtedly be marvelous this spring with new growth everywhere and the old dead growth knocked down by the heavy winds and water soaked root systems.

The hills will be alive with plants and animals everywhere. The bird watchers made a count a week or so ago and I'll be seeing one this coming weekend to see the results among other things.

Since I saw a wolf on Mt. Hamilton and all called me a liar since there are no wolves in California they have a bit of egg on their faces discovering that there have been wolves spotted in several other places in California. There really are no such things as "lone wolves". These are very temporary. The Alpha Male or head wolf will evict the male pups from the pack after a couple of years when they get large enough to be a possible threat to his dominance. So seeing one wolf insures that many others are near.

The rivers even close to the cities are now turning up river otters. Naturalists are sort of confused about them. They only recently (relatively) discovered that sea otters are absolutely necessary to grow the kelp forests that grow the large diversity of sea creatures and other flora that maintain the health of the coastal waters. Now since river otters had disappeared so long ago the reappearance of them gives them pause. They do not understand what part they play in the ecosystem. They are still struggling with beavers as an absolute necessity as well.

If you LOOK while you ride it is amazing the things you can see. Now is only one of these reappearing animals will control the almost uncontrollable Crow and Raven populations.

This morning I looked up the present seasonal rainfall, the normal for this time and the seasonal normal.

The season begins Oct 1, so we are presently a quarter of he way into the yearly measurement.

Northern California has about their seasonal max.
The bay area about one and a half times the season to this date normal.
Central California has between one and a half and twice season to this date normal. Some locations have hit their seasonal max.

It is predicted to rain steadily for the next two days and then we'll have a week's break where I can quickly get some riding in so all of my muscles don't atrophy.

Two days of rain! My God -- how do you endure! I rode in the rain on melting ice/snow slush this morning. I'm riding on CX tires, which are lousy on pavement because they squirm -- but they are better than studs, which ride like tank tracks (or at least my cheap ones do). Tomorrow will be sheet ice, and I'll drive-skate to work. I look forward to getting back to my rain tires when the ice/snow finally goes away. I would never not ride because it is raining (and above freezing -- I draw the line at freezing rain). I just put on different clothes.

-- Jay Beattie.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 11th 17, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:23:07 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 1:59:35 PM UTC-8, wrote:
But the entire state is on a flood watch.

But the riding will undoubtedly be marvelous this spring with new growth everywhere and the old dead growth knocked down by the heavy winds and water soaked root systems.

The hills will be alive with plants and animals everywhere. The bird watchers made a count a week or so ago and I'll be seeing one this coming weekend to see the results among other things.

Since I saw a wolf on Mt. Hamilton and all called me a liar since there are no wolves in California they have a bit of egg on their faces discovering that there have been wolves spotted in several other places in California. There really are no such things as "lone wolves". These are very temporary. The Alpha Male or head wolf will evict the male pups from the pack after a couple of years when they get large enough to be a possible threat to his dominance. So seeing one wolf insures that many others are near.

The rivers even close to the cities are now turning up river otters. Naturalists are sort of confused about them. They only recently (relatively) discovered that sea otters are absolutely necessary to grow the kelp forests that grow the large diversity of sea creatures and other flora that maintain the health of the coastal waters. Now since river otters had disappeared so long ago the reappearance of them gives them pause. They do not understand what part they play in the ecosystem. They are still struggling with beavers as an absolute necessity as well.

If you LOOK while you ride it is amazing the things you can see. Now is only one of these reappearing animals will control the almost uncontrollable Crow and Raven populations.

This morning I looked up the present seasonal rainfall, the normal for this time and the seasonal normal.

The season begins Oct 1, so we are presently a quarter of he way into the yearly measurement.

Northern California has about their seasonal max.
The bay area about one and a half times the season to this date normal.
Central California has between one and a half and twice season to this date normal. Some locations have hit their seasonal max.

It is predicted to rain steadily for the next two days and then we'll have a week's break where I can quickly get some riding in so all of my muscles don't atrophy.

Two days of rain! My God -- how do you endure! I rode in the rain on melting ice/snow slush this morning. I'm riding on CX tires, which are lousy on pavement because they squirm -- but they are better than studs, which ride like tank tracks (or at least my cheap ones do). Tomorrow will be sheet ice, and I'll drive-skate to work. I look forward to getting back to my rain tires when the ice/snow finally goes away. I would never not ride because it is raining (and above freezing -- I draw the line at freezing rain). I just put on different clothes.

Well, you're welcome to come to California and ride around these drivers anytime.
Old January 11th 17, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 4:23:07 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:

Snipped

-- Jay Beattie.

I too ride a lot in the rain. Sometimes I've even had to ride in freezing rain. THAT can be "verrrry interestink". LOL

I like 26" x 2.125 or 2.25" big knob tires for snow. I drop the pressure down to 15 - 20 psi in deep snow or on ice. I too like cyclo-cross tires in slush because they go right through it to the pavement. My tires are 700C x 30 mm Schwalbe CX Pros. I don't find those squirmy on pavememt and they can go to 90 psi.

Cheers
Old January 11th 17, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
external usenet poster

ducks eddy turn n climb out

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=... 26efirst%3d13

GO DUCKS !

Old January 11th 17, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
external usenet poster

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...rl ay&first=1

?

a coupla pages of this n ya wanna say....well, what's new ?
Old January 11th 17, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 6:29:51 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...rl ay&first=1

?

a coupla pages of this n ya wanna say....well, what's new ?

goo.gl/7Q2jEb