A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

GD cable derailleurs!

Old April 13th 21, 04:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default GD cable derailleurs!

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 7:12:09 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 15:33:13 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 11:48:36 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 5:28:58 PM UTC-5, News 2021 wrote:
You are the one that decided to insert yourself into this discussion
after that moron Frank chose to tell everyone I was lying about hitting
a tree branch because he could find street pictures of that area only 5
years old. So don't pretend that you have ever had any effect on the
world around you because I've spent my life doing just that whether it
was volunteering for the Air Force
volunteered? Didn't yo say you were drafted?

I am going to have to defend Tom on this one. Draft was only for the Army. Everyone who joined the Air Force, Marines, Navy were volunteers. I suspect some, many of them volunteered for the other services to avoid the worse fate of the Army. My Uncle volunteered for the Navy in the early 1970s to avoid being drafted by the Army. He did not have bone spurs or money for college. But the Navy trained him as a nurse and he received a paid for college degree afterwards.

I know you love to use that "bone spurs" bull**** that Trump used to stay on the good side of Hollywood but you couldn't have a medical release from the draft without being first drafted and such a release would NOT come from a private doctor but a military doctor. Plainly you are unaware that since Trump went to a military academy and had a four year degree, he could NOT have been drafted but would have been commissioned into a service chronically short of officers. Would you mind telling me where you get all of this mythology that is used by the left simply because they don't care WHAT they say?

Tommy boy, you got it wrong again Trump went to the New York Military
Academy which describes itself as "a college preparatory, co-ed
boarding school in the rural town of Cornwall". It is not associated
with the U.S. military in any manner and students are not awarded a
commission in any branch of the U.S. military.

As for his last deferment Trump himself stated that "“I had a doctor
that gave me a letter — a very strong letter on the heels,”.

I realize that you're so stupid that you don't even know how you got your stripes but a military academy teaches military comportment. And you can gain a commission simply with four years of college that had nothing military about it. Try not to make a larger jackass out of yourself than necessary. https://www.boardingschoolreview.com...litary-schools
Ads
Old April 13th 21, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 10:47:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Like medical doctors, most lawyers are incompetent and a large percentage of them cannot make a living at the work and become things like legal advisors to politicians or corporate lawyers that need never enter a courtroom in their lives.

??????? I ride bikes with four lawyers. One is still practicing as an independent, one is a corporate lawyer, one is retired from a law firm, and the other is a state judge. They all seem competent to me. The independent handled the paper work for buying my house, my will, and a lawsuit I filed after being in a bike/car accident. Thankfully I have not had to appear before the judge. Although he would likely recuse himself since he knows me. I also know a medical doctor too. Besides the one I see frequently for my own medical care. The doctor I know personally has given me some limited medical care. She pulled the stitches out of my face after a bike accident. I'd rate her as pretty competent too. She keeps her bike riding bum of a husband on the straight and narrow.
Old April 14th 21, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 08:52:44 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 7:12:09 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 15:33:13 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 11:48:36 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 5:28:58 PM UTC-5, News 2021 wrote:
You are the one that decided to insert yourself into this discussion
after that moron Frank chose to tell everyone I was lying about hitting
a tree branch because he could find street pictures of that area only 5
years old. So don't pretend that you have ever had any effect on the
world around you because I've spent my life doing just that whether it
was volunteering for the Air Force
volunteered? Didn't yo say you were drafted?

I am going to have to defend Tom on this one. Draft was only for the Army. Everyone who joined the Air Force, Marines, Navy were volunteers. I suspect some, many of them volunteered for the other services to avoid the worse fate of the Army. My Uncle volunteered for the Navy in the early 1970s to avoid being drafted by the Army. He did not have bone spurs or money for college. But the Navy trained him as a nurse and he received a paid for college degree afterwards.
I know you love to use that "bone spurs" bull**** that Trump used to stay on the good side of Hollywood but you couldn't have a medical release from the draft without being first drafted and such a release would NOT come from a private doctor but a military doctor. Plainly you are unaware that since Trump went to a military academy and had a four year degree, he could NOT have been drafted but would have been commissioned into a service chronically short of officers. Would you mind telling me where you get all of this mythology that is used by the left simply because they don't care WHAT they say?

Tommy boy, you got it wrong again Trump went to the New York Military
Academy which describes itself as "a college preparatory, co-ed
boarding school in the rural town of Cornwall". It is not associated
with the U.S. military in any manner and students are not awarded a
commission in any branch of the U.S. military.

As for his last deferment Trump himself stated that "I had a doctor
that gave me a letter a very strong letter on the heels,.

I realize that you're so stupid that you don't even know how you got your stripes but a military academy teaches military comportment. And you can gain a commission simply with four years of college that had nothing military about it. Try not to make a larger jackass out of yourself than necessary. https://www.boardingschoolreview.com...litary-schools

Tommy boy, you really are a dumb ****!.

As I posted above the so called New York Military Academy, that Trump
attended is a high school level school with no association with the
U.S. Military.

Now, you didn't have to post a bunch of B.S. about Trump's education
it is all right there on the web and all you had to do is look. But
you didn't bother, did you. Rather then post facts you post lies and
B.S. in an attempt to make yourself look like a "big Man" but in
reality you are seen as simply a bunch of hot air.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old April 14th 21, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 4:27:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I got my GED many years ago when I thought I was a drop-out.

Yup, that's the stuff of a brilliant engineering profession whose 'work has saved countless lives'.

Why is my daughter paid over 100 grand a year?

, I'm sure if we thought hard enough about it we could offer some speculation.....Did she ever go by Ms. Larue?
Old April 14th 21, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:19:04 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
Gee Tommy, I just looked up the facts and it turns out that the
*average* income for a lawyer, in California is in the $100,000 -
$110,000 range
https://www.indeed.com/career/attorney/salaries/CA
https://www.salary.com/research/sala...er-i-salary/ca
I wasn't aware that $100,000 a year wasn't enough to live on in the
U.S..

Then you might want to explain to people why the average salary of an experienced EE is 50% higher than that or why I was making a quarter of a million bucks a year? Is that because lawyers were so valuable. My brother-in-law was a GOOD lawyer and would beat any of these asses hands down. He could quote the law to the judges when necessary. That was the only thing that asshole could do right.
Old April 14th 21, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 4:05:49 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

Jay, could it be possible that you just had cheap or damaged cable in that shifter failure? I just cannot see that cable breaking there regardless of the clumsy turning radius of that cable. And that is all plastic around that area and very unlikely to have anything to cut or wear through that cable in that particular location
Old April 14th 21, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 8:41:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Jay, could it be possible that you just had cheap or damaged cable in that shifter failure? I just cannot see that cable breaking there regardless of the clumsy turning radius of that cable. And that is all plastic around that area and very unlikely to have anything to cut or wear through that cable in that particular location

No. This is a common failure mode in all of the Shimano levers.

-- Jay Beattie
Old April 14th 21, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 7:55:18 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:19:04 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
Gee Tommy, I just looked up the facts and it turns out that the
*average* income for a lawyer, in California is in the $100,000 -
$110,000 range
https://www.indeed.com/career/attorney/salaries/CA
https://www.salary.com/research/sala...er-i-salary/ca
I wasn't aware that $100,000 a year wasn't enough to live on in the
U.S..

Then you might want to explain to people why the average salary of an experienced EE is 50% higher than that or why I was making a quarter of a million bucks a year? Is that because lawyers were so valuable. My brother-in-law was a GOOD lawyer and would beat any of these asses hands down. He could quote the law to the judges when necessary. That was the only thing that asshole could do right.

I'm surprised by the $100K average -- which probably includes non-profit and basically pro bono lawyers.

I'm working with California lawyers in environmental cases billing over $1,200 an hour. Their incomes are staggering, and these are not the M&A or entertainment law guys -- and they aren't the contingent fee guys. I was involved in one monumental case where the fee award to one firm was in the billions of dollars, and god bless them, they hired Axel Merckx and started a bicycling team. https://www.hbsslaw.com/about/cycling One morning during that case, I was outside a courtroom, waiting for the clerk to open the door, and Steve Berman was talking to his guys about buying a Gulfstream V. I was looking to buy a new Subaru.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old April 14th 21, 07:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

On 4/14/2021 12:41 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 8:41:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:

No. This is a common failure mode in all of the Shimano levers.

And Ergo, regardless of gear wire brand.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971