new guys to the forums come here first!!!!!

Old February 5th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default new guys to the forums come here first!!!!!

ok this is what i have to say...before you posta thread about "how do i
hop" or "help me learn to mount" please use the search function first.
its really easy...just type what your looking for and it will come to
you. we can only fit so many threads on one page and all of your
questions are taking away space from the truly important things. thank
you

-Phil

--
trials_uni

'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) ---new more
informative post go now! edited today!
Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
(http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
unicyclists in your area!
Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

Old February 5th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Just a question... How is this thread not going to get buried several
dozen pages beneath the "important stuff"? Unless this is made a
sticky newbies won't see this without searching anyway.

--
Trapper
Trapper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10341

Old February 5th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Can Gilby make this thread a sticky?

--
unicyclistben

http://willowglenbicycles.com/site/intro.cfm
Proud owner of posts 37000 and 38000 in MR
UNBAN BEN_UNRUH
myspace.com/ben_unruh
unicyclistben's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10897

Old February 5th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

If we're going to make a thread about how to post sticky, let's have
someone who uses capital letters and punctuation, and knows the
difference between "your" (posessive) and "you're" (contraction of "you
are") start it off. (Bonus points; "its" (posessive) and "it's"
(contraction of "it is")).

--
tholub

Old February 5th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

ok whatever...i dont really care i just want people to use the search
function rather than starting totally useless threads.

Old February 5th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Almost all fora have a 'FAQ (frequently asked questions)'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/faq.php) section, as do these.
Sometimes it is not a problem of a person being new to unicycling it is
one of being new to posting to a forum. A much larger problem with the
increased number of threads is the complete lack of clarity in the
title. This has been pointed out in the past. Thread titles like,
"???," or "anyone near," or "HELP" don't give you much to go on.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Old February 5th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Why tell people to use the search function, when it is just as easy to
use the 'submit new thread function' ?

Does it hurt you to have new threads that have already been done
before?

--
forrestunifreak

I do not believe in computer programers.
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

"If I am ever that good I will be in a constant state of crapping my
pants." ~ koebwil

Old February 5th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It's worth noting that the search function is pretty bad. The top hit
is always one of the stupid "Most Replies" threads, and most of the
rest of the top hits are people saying "use the search function".

--
tholub

Old February 5th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

trials_uni wrote:
ok whatever...i dont really care i just want people to use the search
function rather than starting totally useless threads.

i dont want pointless threads either, but i say screw the "search
function". its easier for newbies to to post up a new thread and have
people give them tips or "words of wisdom" on what they want to know.
ive used the search for stuff, and in the time it took to find what i
was looking for i could have put up a new thread and got answers
faster.

P.S i still dont want useless threads like the Chucknorris crap
everywhere

--
musketman
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old February 5th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i do both, i used search and read up on recent discussions of what im
needing help with, ubt i also made another thread to see if there are
any more little tips that ppl can give, but other than that id rather
just go outside and practice and figure the stuff out on my own lol

--
Jerrick