The ultimate in rear lighting for a bicycle...

Old November 16th 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default The ultimate in rear lighting for a bicycle...

Saw this outside the local Target about 30 minutes ago, and took a
picture of it with my phone (this is photo of the rear of the bicycle):

http://i39.tinypic.com/214bn80.jpg
Old November 16th 11, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan Becker

In article , SMS
wrote:

Saw this outside the local Target about 30 minutes ago

http://i39.tinypic.com/214bn80.jpg

Definitely someone going to extreme measures to get the attention of
overtaking motorists. That green paint job would be visible from some
distance away.

D.
Old November 16th 11, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 11/15/2011 6:52 PM, Dan Becker wrote:
In , SMS
wrote:

Saw this outside the local Target about 30 minutes ago

http://i39.tinypic.com/214bn80.jpg

Definitely someone going to extreme measures to get the attention of
overtaking motorists. That green paint job would be visible from some
distance away.

When I was walking up to the store he was just parking his bike and all
the lights were on. Very visible. Must take him a minute or so just to
switch them all off. There were a lot of lights on the front as well.

Old November 16th 11, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

Saw this outside the local Target about 30 minutes ago

http://i39.tinypic.com/214bn80.jpg

Definitely someone going to extreme measures to get the attention of
overtaking motorists. That green paint job would be visible from some
distance away.

When I was walking up to the store he was just parking his bike and all
the lights were on. Very visible. Must take him a minute or so just to
switch them all off. There were a lot of lights on the front as well.

The extra weight and wind resistance must give the guy a good
workout.
Old November 16th 11, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RicodJour[_2_]

On Nov 15, 9:39*pm, SMS wrote:

Saw this outside the local Target about 30 minutes ago, and took a
picture of it with my phone (this is photo of the rear of the bicycle):

http://i39.tinypic.com/214bn80.jpg

That's just a _wee_ bit obsessive. The amount of money spent on
batteries alone must be ridiculous. When I see things like that, I
figure that the person must have had something happen to them or
someone they know to go to such extremes

Old November 17th 11, 08:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

RicodJour wrote:

http://i39.tinypic.com/214bn80.jpg

That's just a _wee_ bit obsessive. *The amount of money spent on
batteries alone must be ridiculous. *When I see things like that, I
figure that the person must have had something happen to them or
someone they know to go to such extremes

Something like living in California?

Lots of near misses by oblivious self-absorbed people could do that to
you, even before one of them actually got you. I have seen similar
rigs in different unrelated places, though. I'm guessing it's a
personality quirk.

Chalo
Old November 17th 11, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Harry Brogan[_7_]

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 00:33:55 -0800 (PST), Chalo
wrote:

RicodJour wrote:

http://i39.tinypic.com/214bn80.jpg

That's just a _wee_ bit obsessive. *The amount of money spent on
batteries alone must be ridiculous. *When I see things like that, I
figure that the person must have had something happen to them or
someone they know to go to such extremes

Something like living in California?

Lots of near misses by oblivious self-absorbed people could do that to
you, even before one of them actually got you. I have seen similar
rigs in different unrelated places, though. I'm guessing it's a
personality quirk.

Chalo

A bit over the top. However, I am a firm believer in lighting at
night. But, I don't want it to look like a conglomeration of ****
either. Here's what I use.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...195638-089.jpg
Old November 17th 11, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Harry Brogan wrote:

However, I am a firm believer in lighting at
night. *But, I don't want it to look like a conglomeration of ****
either. *Here's what I use.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...0BEAST/THEBEAS...

Your local Tonton Macoutes don't give you any static about your blue
light?

Chalo
Old November 18th 11, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Harry Brogan[_7_]

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:32:29 -0800 (PST), Chalo
wrote:

Harry Brogan wrote:

However, I am a firm believer in lighting at
night. *But, I don't want it to look like a conglomeration of ****
either. *Here's what I use.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...0BEAST/THEBEAS...

Your local Tonton Macoutes don't give you any static about your blue
light?

Chalo

Not yet. I don't think they take bicycles too seriously out here.