I propose a moritorium on squirrel stories...

Old November 13th 05, 11:48 PM
666.org

Default I propose a moritorium on squirrel stories...

Haven't we heard enough about squirrels?
Old November 14th 05, 12:17 AM
Bill Sornson

666.org wrote:

Haven't we heard enough about squirrels?

They think little ol' ladies are cute when they squat to offer 'em nuts.

Bill "'fridge 'toon" S.

Old November 14th 05, 01:15 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Bill Sornson" WROTE: They think little ol' ladies are cute when they
squat to offer 'em nuts.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is beginning to sound an awful lot like the David Letterman opening
monologue. (Letterman proly would have said "little old men."

Old November 14th 05, 01:42 AM
Robin Hubert

666.org wrote:
Haven't we heard enough about squirrels?

Sure. Stop listening.

Why are you talking about it?

A practical note: Squirrels don't seem to understand bikes, but if you
bark at them, they unfailingly head back to the tree instead of darting
to and fro and likely, into your path.

Squirrels are a minor road hazard. I've run over one, luckily missed
dozens. Chipmunks have gone through my spinning wheels. Bunny-hopped a
momma 'coon and 3 kits once. Near miss of skunks scared the **** out of
both of us on a couple occasions. Nearly missed deer on several
occasions and also chased a few down the pavement.

Robin Hubert
Old November 14th 05, 03:19 AM
Werehatrack

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:42:27 GMT, Robin Hubert
wrote:

Squirrels are a minor road hazard. I've run over one, luckily missed
dozens. Chipmunks have gone through my spinning wheels. Bunny-hopped a
momma 'coon and 3 kits once. Near miss of skunks scared the **** out of
both of us on a couple occasions. Nearly missed deer on several
occasions and also chased a few down the pavement.

Man, the dating scene in your city must be really tough if you're
chasing deer down the pavement.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old November 14th 05, 04:47 AM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

I agree. it's time to move on to bigger game. Like the deer I almost ran
into wile riding home late last summer.

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Old November 14th 05, 07:49 AM
Ron Ruff

666.org wrote:
Haven't we heard enough about squirrels?

How about chickens? Here, it's all about chickens... millions of wild
chickens. In fact there aren't any squirrels at all.

When a rooster is chasing a hen around, neither seems to look for
traffic...

Old November 14th 05, 10:48 AM
spin156

I wanna hear more about these NJ squirrels. Are we talking about
Northern N.J. "Hit" squirrels, or the equally dangerous Southern N.J.
squirrelzilla?

Old November 14th 05, 01:26 PM
Peter Cole

Robin Hubert wrote:
666.org wrote:

Haven't we heard enough about squirrels?

Sure. Stop listening.

Why are you talking about it?

A practical note: Squirrels don't seem to understand bikes, but if you
bark at them, they unfailingly head back to the tree instead of darting
to and fro and likely, into your path.

Interesting, I'll have to try that -- not sure how others will react to
pace line barking, though.

I've found a similar thing about geese (canada geese). They get confused
if you yell, but seem to understand hissing. My young daughter thinks
I'm mean to hiss at geese as we ride by, but I tell her it's just
geese-ish for "don't mess with me, I'm dangerous".
Old November 14th 05, 02:50 PM
H M Leary

In article ,
(Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote:

I agree. it's time to move on to bigger game. Like the deer I almost ran
into wile riding home late last summer.

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

You guys have it easy!

Got chased by a moose - rutting season - in Maine.
Only time in my life I have spun a 52/12 on the flats.

HAND
WHOA, Nellie!