Horner 'the A hole' shows true colors @Olympic Trails

Old June 20th 04, 04:52 PM
Ronde Champ

Default Horner 'the A hole' shows true colors @Olympic Trails

Hey

Horner was the favorite for the Olympic Trial selection race in
Redlands CA on Saturday June 19th. In a one day race, that is an
additional burden that few can overcome. He earned such respect with
his many dominating performances in the US over the past few years.
During the event, Horner took control of the race by putting his
entire team on the front after the break was gone. These 6-8 guys who
all work during the week at desk jobs, and have little to gain here,
as only the winner goes to the Athens Olympics in August. I mean, you
can't split a selection with your teammates. They can all tell their
parents they helped Chris Horner, and his selfish personal goal on
Fathers Day Weekend. I'm sure most of the dad's of Webcor riders will
be so proud to hear that.
Let's not feel to sad for Horner, as his contract with Saturn last
year was for ballpark $130,000 per year in a two year deal. DO the
math, kiddies. It ain't Webcor covering that this year.
Back to my story. The race shook out, and in the final, there were
ten riders who had a chance to represent the US this year. They
included Zabriskie, Cruz, Bergman, FredRod, Horner, and a little known
guy named Jason McCartney, among others. Few have heard of Jason. He
slaved on one whole stage of Tour de Georgia, to protect the GC jersey
on the back of a sprinter on his trade team. This is because he was
the NATIONAL TT Champ in 2003. It was his job. Later in the race, he
did a huge TT vs Lance Armstrong and Co, but his overall hope was
already long gone. Then, he joined the early suicide break one day. He
drove it all day, on a hilly course that had Cipo asking Lance WTF. As
the final approached, he shed his break companions, stayed ahead of
the rabid bunch, and won solo in dramatic fashion.
In the Olympic Selection race, Jason attacked to set up his teammate,
Leasewine. That didn't work, so he did it again. And voila, Jason was
solo with few miles remaining. I was already out, and on the sidelines
right there, and knew that he was going to Greece at the very moment.
Ass-wipe Horner, who makes a secret $130k from Team Sports, is very
candid in post race interviews. He said that he was the best rider
today, and that only negative tactics in the end did him in. They were
all apparently keying on him, just the way he wanted them to, the way
his team was counting on him all day when they slaved at the front. In
the end, Superman Horner couldn't close the deal. No NASCAR type words
of how great the 'crew' was for him, no words of RESPECT towards JASON
McCARTNEY, just I'm the best, and everyone knows it.
Well Chris. You make enough money. Why don't you buy airfare and
spectators tickets for the GAMES in August, and go see America's best
in action;

Armstrong, Hamilton, Julich, Hincapie, and a boy named McCartney!

You, my friend have issues. Go to Europe, and race where the best
ALWAYS win, wimp.

RONDE CHAMP

Old June 20th 04, 08:05 PM
Dave H

"Richard Longwood" wrote in message
Is Jason McCartney really the grandson of one of the Beatles?

And though he rode a great race, he certainly doesn't have a prayer in hell
in Athens.
Dave

Old June 20th 04, 08:28 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:05:47 GMT, Dave H wrote:
And though he rode a great race, he certainly doesn't have a prayer in hell
in Athens.

To win, probably not. But can he be a useful domestique? Maybe so, for
the first part of the race. Problem is the US now only has Hincapie as a
sprinter, and chances are it will be a bunch sprint, like the worlds in
Portugal. Not Georgie's cuppa. Rodriguez would be a much more useful no.
5, I think.
Old June 20th 04, 11:46 PM
karlwithak

"
[...]

you are a retard, Horner is a great racer who did not make it in
europe. what is the big deal.

why do you care if he races here or there?

just enjoy the show Horner puts on because with out him most of the
domestic races would be less exciting.

there are many people who say they are the best like Ali. I kind of
like the personality who is not afraid to say what they are thinking,
so many dudes are such pussies and say Bull Durham **** like " I just
thank the Lord that I was able to perform my best today and God
willing I was lucky enough to not get beat by all of my fine
competitors" Bunch of fags you know they are not really thinking that

Old June 21st 04, 01:00 AM
OMC

(Ronde Champ) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Whine, cheese and Horner back to a french team....please !
OMC
Old June 21st 04, 05:03 AM
karlwithak

Bunch of fags you know they are not really thinking that

Hey nothing like being a flat out bigotted pinhead. This is why I am violently
in favor of free speech, because it exposes people for what they are.
Bill C

fag is a word you are a pinhead

in london fag means a smoke, when I write it it means somthing else

so what

lighten up looser, go cut some grass in your unaffected suburbanite hell.

Old June 21st 04, 05:27 AM
Suz

You, my friend have issues. Go to Europe, and race where the best
ALWAYS win, wimp.

RONDE CHAMP

you are a retard, Horner is a great racer who did not make it in
europe. what is the big deal.

Heard from a reliable source that the reason Horner doesn't race in Europe
anymore is that "he doesn't like Europe and the Europeans don't like him."
Nothing against Horner of course. I don't really even know the guy, it's
just what I heard.

Old June 21st 04, 06:00 AM
Really_Bored

On 20 Jun 2004 21:03:52 -0700, karlwithak wrote:

Bunch of fags you know they are not really thinking that

Hey nothing like being a flat out bigotted pinhead. This is why I am violently
in favor of free speech, because it exposes people for what they are.
Bill C

fag is a word you are a pinhead

in london fag means a smoke, when I write it it means somthing else

so what

lighten up looser, go cut some grass in your unaffected suburbanite hell.

Hey K.
Here's another word for you "loser". If you want to insult somebody, at
least spell it correctly. Fix your shift key too. It doesn't seem to work
all the time.