Where is Tom Sherman?

Old April 23rd 06, 05:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Where is Tom Sherman?

Is it possible that Mr. Sherman has left ARBR at long last? I have noted his
absence here for the past couple of months. Does he just slink off into the
night without even saying goodbye?

As everyone on this group well knows, the Great Ed Dolan does not ever slink
off quietly. Nay, he leaves ARBR with a bang and a roar. In fact, the Great
Ed Dolan has taken many final farewells of ARBR with much cussing and
swearing and slamming of doors. He does not go quietly into that good night.

Mr. Sherman has been on ARBR like forever. I can't believe he would just
leave without some kind of explanation. Of course, it may be that he is not
well or is otherwise indisposed. But if so, then we would like to know.
After all, when you have been on a group for as many years as Mr. Sherman,
you owe the group some explanation if and when you decide to take leave of
it.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 23rd 06, 07:26 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:QMWdnWwr6ehbldbZnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@prairiewave. com...
[...]

Another thought that occurs to me is that most of the old-timers have long
since left this group. There is hardly anyone left here except for yours
truly. I feel like a ghost wandering about an empty warehouse. I am of
course on the outs with whatever old-timers are left, but Mr. Sherman was my
one and only adversary who was worthy of me. But that was in the days when
he was in fighting trim. For the past year or so he was ever neglectful of
the Great Ed Dolan. It seems I have the peculiar knack of wearing everyone
down and leaving them speechless.

So it may be that Mr. Sherman just got fed up with this group since there is
no one left here except for idiots, morons and imbeciles. The way things are
going, I may soon be taking my 7th and final farewell myself. If and when I
do, I will have a few things to say about the remaining dolts who infest and
pollute this group. I will compose a masterpiece of invective and leave no
one out of my bill of particulars.

The question arises can you have any quality at all without a sufficient
amount of quantity. I note that I am conversing only with myself lately,
which is of course of very high quality, but Hells Bells, I already know
everything there is to know about little old me. RBM has a sufficient
quantity of posts so that some smidgen of quality does leak through on rare
occasions.

There is an extreme danger in any newsgroup being too small. A GIANT like Ed
Dolan the Great can come to dominate a small group and consequently shoo off
all the midgets and dwarfs who always make up the majority of any newsgroup.
That will not happen to RBM because it is a very large group and all the
idiots and morons counterbalance one another.

ARBR - rest in peace! We did have some glory years before Ed Gin destroyed

Old April 23rd 06, 03:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

(All the drivel snipped.)

There is hardly anyone left here except for yours
truly.

So it may be that Mr. Sherman just got fed up with this group since there is
no one left here except for idiots, morons and imbeciles.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Mr. Dolan,

It seems that once again, you have been condemned by your own words. I
recommend reading the above, then going to look in a mirror. Perhaps
you will recognize the person looking back for what he really is.

Ken

Old April 23rd 06, 04:04 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Don't quote this guy, you're bypassing my filter. My filter does no good
whatsoever with people continually passing on his stupidity.

L.
wrote in message
oups.com...
(All the drivel snipped.)

Old April 23rd 06, 04:27 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

LP wrote:
Don't quote this guy, you're bypassing my filter. My filter does no good
whatsoever with people continually passing on his stupidity.

L.

L,

Sorry about that.

Ken

Old April 24th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

H E A D Dolan,

Is it possible that Mr. Sherman has left ARBR at long last? I have
noted his
absence here for the past couple of months. Does he just slink off into
the
night without even saying goodbye?

.... Maybe he's had enough of your **** and felt you were not worth the
effort of a good-bye. Tom and I had our differences, but we
unfortunately also had one thing in common ... YOU!!!

As everyone on this group well knows, the Great Ed Dolan does not ever
slink
off quietly. Nay, he leaves ARBR with a bang and a roar. In fact, the
Great
Ed Dolan has taken many final farewells of ARBR with much cussing and
swearing and slamming of doors. He does not go quietly into that good
night.

.... You refer to people out here as imbeciles, morons and idiots and
indicate that you have taken many final farewells of ARBR. Just what
don't you understand about the word "final" that you qualify it
with the word "many" ... ex-librarian??? Who care's how you leave
ARBR. As the T-shirt says ... JUST DO IT!!!

Mr. Sherman has been on ARBR like forever. I can't believe he would
just
leave without some kind of explanation. Of course, it may be that he is
not
well or is otherwise indisposed. But if so, then we would like to know.

.... WE??? Now you speak for all of us, do you??? Tom doesn't owe any
of us an explanation, least of all you.

After all, when you have been on a group for as many years as Mr.
Sherman,
you owe the group some explanation if and when you decide to take leave
of
it.

.... Tom owes the group no explanation. You owe the group an
explanation for staying since you have promised to leave and not to
return countless times.

Another thought that occurs to me is that most of the old-timers have
long
since left this group. There is hardly anyone left here except for
yours
truly.

.... Most have had enough of your crap and departed. Ed Gin and his
buddies certainly did this and other newsgroups no favor by their
presence, but if anyone killed this newsgroup, you did.

I feel like a ghost wandering about an empty warehouse. I am of
course on the outs with whatever old-timers are left, but Mr. Sherman
was my
one and only adversary who was worthy of me.

.... Egomania and delusions at work again. Nurse ... time for Mr.
Dolan's meds.

But that was in the days when
he was in fighting trim. For the past year or so he was ever neglectful
of
the Great Ed Dolan. It seems I have the peculiar knack of wearing
everyone
down and leaving them speechless.

.... Neglectful or is it that he just has better things to do than
entertain you and your nonsense. What you have a knack for is boring
people.

So it may be that Mr. Sherman just got fed up with this group since
there is
no one left here except for idiots, morons and imbeciles.

.... and, I presume you include yourself in one of those three groups???

The way things are
going, I may soon be taking my 7th and final farewell myself. If and
when I
do, I will have a few things to say about the remaining dolts who
infest and
pollute this group. I will compose a masterpiece of invective and leave
no
one out of my bill of particulars.

.... You heartbreaker. Please tell me it isn't so. Don't leave us.
What will we ever do without you??? If you need some help with that
masterpiece of yours, I'll volunteer my services, since you can't write
for ****. By the way, who do you think really gives a **** about what
you think of them??? Those that haven't already kill-filed you have
long since excluded you from thie know universe.

[...]

.... If Ed Gin destroyed ARBR, then how is it that you are still here???
Ed, no one could rival the stature of the parasitic anathema that you
have been on ARBR. You'll not be missed. Don't let the door hit you
in the ass on the way out. When you finally pass on, have someone post
your burial location so those that wish to do so can **** on your
grave.

Jim McNamara

Old April 24th 06, 10:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

wrote in message
oups.com...
(All the drivel snipped.)

There is hardly anyone left here except for yours
truly.

So it may be that Mr. Sherman just got fed up with this group since there
is
no one left here except for idiots, morons and imbeciles.

Mr. Dolan,

It seems that once again, you have been condemned by your own words. I
recommend reading the above, then going to look in a mirror. Perhaps
you will recognize the person looking back for what he really is.

Ken

Ken is one of the very few who is able to pick up on my brand of humor. Yes,
the Great Ed Dolan is suffused with self-awareness and so he knows exactly
what he is doing and saying at all times, much to the consternation of such
dolts as JimmyMac, et al.

Still, does anyone know where Tom Sherman is?

Old April 24th 06, 10:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

JimmyMac wrote:

... If Ed Gin destroyed ARBR, then how is it that you are still here???

To make sure ARBR never revives?

You'll not be missed. Don't let the door hit you
in the ass on the way out.

Ever wonder how many times the door has hit him in the ass?
I'm sure his ass is well calloused.

When you finally pass on, have someone post
your burial location so those that wish to do so can **** on your
grave.

I'll buy a NOCOM and set it on the tombstone.

Enjoy,

Perry Butler

Old April 24th 06, 10:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

JimmyMac, you confounded idiot! Look at your post and then compare it to all
others. You are not formatting correctly. The side marks () are all wrong.
Get yourself a decent newsreader or get lost!

H E A D Dolan,

Is it possible that Mr. Sherman has left ARBR at long last? I have
noted his
absence here for the past couple of months. Does he just slink off into
the
night without even saying goodbye?

... Maybe he's had enough of your **** and felt you were not worth the
effort of a good-bye. Tom and I had our differences, but we
unfortunately also had one thing in common ... YOU!!!

Tom thought you were a crazy idiot the same as do I. The only time you show
up on these newsgroup is to bring your personal screeds to the group. You
did it with Ed Gin, you did it with Tom Sherman and now you are doing it
with me. I will extend to you even less courtesy than they did.

[...]

ANYONE who has been on a newsgroup for many years, posting almost daily, who
then leaves the group owes the other regulars some kind of explanation.
JimmyMac is a not regular poster on ARBR so he can come and go as he pleases
and no one will notice. But a regular like Tom Sherman cannot. I expect him
to behave like a gentleman and not like a skunk. An explanation is owed to
the other regulars at the very least.

After all, when you have been on a group for as many years as Mr.
Sherman,
you owe the group some explanation if and when you decide to take leave
of
it.

... Tom owes the group no explanation. You owe the group an
explanation for staying since you have promised to leave and not to
return countless times.

"ANYONE who has been on a newsgroup for many years, posting almost daily,
who then leaves the group owes the other regulars some kind of explanation.
JimmyMac is not a regular poster on ARBR so he can come and go as he pleases
and no one will notice. But a regular like Tom Sherman cannot. I expect him
to behave like a gentleman and not like a skunk. An explanation is owed to
the other regulars at the very least." - Ed Dolan

Another thought that occurs to me is that most of the old-timers have
long
since left this group. There is hardly anyone left here except for
yours
truly.

... Most have had enough of your crap and departed. Ed Gin and his
buddies certainly did this and other newsgroups no favor by their
presence, but if anyone killed this newsgroup, you did.

How would you know? The only occasions when you are on ARBR is when you are
engaging in your personal screeds.
[...]

ARBR - rest in peace! We did have some glory years before Ed Gin
destroyed
it.

... If Ed Gin destroyed ARBR, then how is it that you are still here???

I am the caretaker overseeing the graveyard that has now become ARBR.

Ed, no one could rival the stature of the parasitic anathema that you
have been on ARBR. You'll not be missed. Don't let the door hit you
in the ass on the way out. When you finally pass on, have someone post
your burial location so those that wish to do so can **** on your
grave.

One thing is for sure. ARBR does not need any jerks like JimmyMac around.
The only time he shows up is when he is feuding with Ed Gin, Tom Sherman or
Ed Dolan. How interesting can that be for the rest of the group? It is
really characters like JimmyMac who have done as much as anyone to kill
ARBR.

Bottom line, JimmyMac is a crank and that is all he has ever been. He has no
regard for the group and never makes any contribution to it whatsoever. He
just cranks and cranks and cranks. How tiresome can you get!