Where can I go on FC and NT land?

Old December 3rd 04, 11:01 AM
Doki

Default Where can I go on FC and NT land?

Can I go anywhere I like on Forestry Commission and National Trust land if
it's marked up as open 24 hours on the maps?

Old December 3rd 04, 04:43 PM
Dan Gregory

Doki wrote:

Can I go anywhere I like on Forestry Commission and National Trust land if
it's marked up as open 24 hours on the maps?

You can go on all the trails in the Forest of Dean after dark. Although
gates are closed (currently at 5pm) for motor vehicles there are stiles
and narrow tracks which are easy to pass on foot or with a bike. Watch
out for sheep, deer and wild boar!
All the best
Dan Gregory
Old December 5th 04, 12:46 PM
Doki

Dan Gregory wrote:
Doki wrote:

Can I go anywhere I like on Forestry Commission and National Trust
land if it's marked up as open 24 hours on the maps?

You can go on all the trails in the Forest of Dean after dark.
Although gates are closed (currently at 5pm) for motor vehicles there
are stiles and narrow tracks which are easy to pass on foot or with a
bike. Watch out for sheep, deer and wild boar!
All the best
Dan Gregory

What counts as a trail though? Anything that's obviously been ridden by
someone before, or the waymarked gravel paths they have about the place
(thinking of Clumber).