Professional Unicyclist wtd. 4 TV Show

Old August 9th 05, 05:44 PM
teachndad

Default Professional Unicyclist wtd. 4 TV Show

Hi,

I was contacted by a producer of a TV show looking for a professional
performing unicyclist. Below is his email. He is looking for someone
in Southern California. I think that is only because he's got no budget
to fly-in people or put them up in hotels. I suggested Dustin Kelm to
him, already, but he's "out of town". Perhaps someone that is out of
town and has a gig in So Cal could time it with an appearance on the
show. Send him any questions.

Contact info is in the email.

Cheers.

Dear Mr. Wylie,

My name is Jim Newman. I'm the director and co-producer of a show
called "What's My Line? - Live On Stage." Our show is a re-creation of
the original "What's My Line?" TV game show from the 1950s and 60s. You
can visit our website he www.jkeith.net and you can read what the
press has to say about us he
http://www.jkeith.net/wml2005/latimes.html.

We are looking for a professional unicyclist to appear with us in our
show. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the unicycling
community in the LA area. Your area of interest seems to be using the
unicycle for fitness and receation. We are looking for someone who has
more of an "act" that they could demonstrate. If you have any ideas,
please let me know. I can be reached at this e-mail address or at
818-841-7332. email address is jimnewman(att)earthlink(dot)net

Thanks very much for your time,
Jim Newman
Burbank

--
teachndad - ONE for the...Off Road

Rod Wylie

'MountainUnicyclingLA.com' (http://www.mountainunicycling.us)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greate...Angeles-Trails)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Descriptions'
(http://tinyurl.com/6h8zn)
teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

Old August 9th 05, 07:07 PM
bugman

Doesn't Kaori go to school in California? I don't know how to get in
touch with her, but maybe someone on the forum does.

Also what exactly do they want, Zach is in Southern CA.

--
bugman - Proud member of the UALW

Old August 9th 05, 08:26 PM
Catboy

bugman wrote:
*Doesn't Kaori go to school in California? I don't know how to get in
touch with her, but maybe someone on the forum does.

Also what exactly do they want, Zach is in Southern CA. *

I'll talk to Zack next time I get the chance. However, he's quite a
drive away. I'm sure John foss or Jess could talk to him too.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

'UPD T-Shirts FOR SALE SOON!!! (Click Me)'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album661)

Old August 9th 05, 09:15 PM
leo

It's produced by a TV producer, but not for a TV show.
It's for a theater-show, that will run once a week (on wednesdays)
untill november.
I the show the audience has to guess somebodies occupation (in this case
"unicyclist").
They are looking for just a proffesional unicyclist with experience and
a prepared routine, not a top-artist, but from the LA area or near.

--
leo - Leo Vandewoestijne

'+1 866-UNI-CYCL' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'Subscribe' (http://unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
'unicyclist.org' (http://unicyclist.org/) !
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Old August 9th 05, 10:29 PM
johnfoss

I've been in touch with the producer. Yes, it's a live show and the
budget is zero. I'm going to give him some contact info for the SB
people and one or two others I can think of down there. Up here we're
5-6 hours away by car...

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old August 9th 05, 11:10 PM
tholub

bugman wrote:
*Doesn't Kaori go to school in California? I don't know how to get in
touch with her, but maybe someone on the forum does.

Also what exactly do they want, Zach is in Southern CA. *

Kaori is in San Francisco, not southern California.

(She showed up at one of our unicycle basketball games, and flummoxed us
by jumping up to stand on the fork crown to shoot).

--
tholub - Kinetic Sculptor

Lance Armstrong on Late Show on Aug. 1 [email protected] Racing 1 July 27th 05 03:02 AM
Wrapup TDF show? Kovie Racing 20 July 26th 05 07:22 PM
Red Sox (Kerry) in show. Astros (Bush) out of show crit pro Racing 2 October 22nd 04 08:48 PM
FOR REAL: Presidential Unicyclist Poll wheelie_big_wheel Unicycling 168 September 9th 04 04:41 AM
2004 NYC Bike Show - Pix Carla A-G Mountain Biking 7 June 3rd 04 12:56 AM