track b*ke cross training

Old August 9th 05, 09:39 PM
hungfromhooks

Default track b*ke cross training

i recently recieved an old 80's fixie converted B*ke as a gift from a
friend. she built it for me in hopes i of converting me to the dark
side... i have been using it to cross train for longer distance riding.
aside from the fact that it has two wheels it realls alot like riding my
29er with short cranks. is there anyone else on here who rides Fixe to
cross train for unicycling?

admittedly as fun as it is to ride the Fixe i still prefer my 29er
though i have noticed a small improvement in my pedaling cadence and
over all power on the uni only having the ride a few days now.

--
hungfromhooks - uni newbie

Philip Barbosa

people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
of his unicycle.
hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

Old August 9th 05, 10:47 PM
mboulanger

I am currently building up a fix which I expect to be a great training
tool. I do a fair bit of regular biking, too.

--
mboulanger - Uni is harder than law school.
mboulanger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9642

Old August 9th 05, 10:51 PM
leow

I ride a "fixie" with 140mm cranks and an 50" gear. It helps strength
and cadence when cycled in a hilly area. I cheat and use SPDs so I can
get up almost any hill. My top speed is 32.5 mph on a downhill (215
rpm).

Leo White

--
leow - Unicycling oldbie

TO I WHEEL - my favourite anagram
leow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/981

Old August 10th 05, 04:50 AM
gbarnes

68" gear

| Attachment filename: gb4_fixie.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/347009|

gbarnes - www.gb4mfg.com

George C. Barnes IV
GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
http://www.gb4mfg.com/
gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174

Old August 10th 05, 06:12 AM
Mojoe

Oh yeah.... I've been riding fixies since 1998. I currently own a 2000
Bianchi Pista track bike, though I don't ride it much any more.

Fixies are what got me into single-speed mountain bikes, which got me
into muni.

Joe

--
Mojoe - Move to Iceland

http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

My Dad used to beat me with his PC.
http://ubergeek.tv/article.php?pid=55
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Old August 10th 05, 06:18 AM
jagur

gbarnes wrote:
*68" gear *

and a hella'vlot of seat post

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old August 10th 05, 06:59 AM
Mojoe

just to note...the rear rim on George's fixie was my 29er rim, and was
the original front rim from my Bianchi track bike.

crazy, huh??

Joe

Old August 10th 05, 08:15 AM
jagur

Mojoe wrote:
*just to note... *

well then i must "note" the front brake on that fixer...

ive done the E-Brake before too, its amazing how a fixer can get to the
edge of Apocalypse when your over 30

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

SPIKE Pro Track Team Announced BW Racing 1 September 22nd 05 05:04 PM
Scouting for Boys Simon Brooke UK 0 May 15th 05 11:23 PM
Cycle Training and Education Conference 2005 National Standard Cycle Training Helpline UK 0 March 30th 05 11:43 AM
Lactate testing / training [email protected] Racing 18 July 18th 04 08:37 PM
Cyclist's International Cup & Sid Patterson Grand Prix - Sat 28th February - Vodaphone Arena hippy Australia 12 March 6th 04 08:03 AM