Starting Unicycle Club at School

Old February 28th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vuniw

Default Starting Unicycle Club at School

Does anybody have any websites or good information that they know about
unicycling that will help my vice principal at school that we need a
unicycle club. He said no the first time I asked him and I think it is
because he doesn't know anything about the sport. I am trying to
compile a lot of information and maybe some videos (like this one
http://tinyurl.com/34zppt ) that will convince him it is safe and
healthy. I have some information so far, I just don't think it is
enough.. Thanks!

-Nyle

--
vuniw

i jumped 20".. how exciting!!
vuniw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12772

Old February 28th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vuniw

i had 43 people that wanted to join the club

EDIT: and a teacher that seemed somewhat excited

Old February 28th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniman_3

then you should proly be able to do it if your principal will let
you...
be nice about the whole thing though...

--
Uniman_3

Words are made to strike the minds of the unsuspecting.
Uniman_3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14387

Old February 28th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adambrody85

I think that it is awesome that you are trying to start a unicycle club
at your school. Last week I started one at my college. First of all,
don't give up. Agree to be safe and maybe give your vp a list of rules
you will follow: helmets etc. to make him feel better about it.
This site might help :http://www.unicycleclub.com/ along with this
school site which offers unicycling: http://tinyurl.com/yq9xpb
This article is neat too:
http://www.nwrel.org/nwedu/fall_00/renaissance.html
Good Luck!!!!

--
adambrody85
adambrody85's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12462

Old February 28th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

There was a school in CT that used to have unicycling, roller-skating
and other fun activities, originally organized by the school's
principal if I remember correctly! I don't remember where it was, but
the name of the school was Stratfield. Maybe you can get in touch with
someone there and see if any of that is still going on. They actually
had a unicycle and a roller skate as part of the school's logo (in the
late 80s)!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old February 28th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GeorgeWBush

Only you would remember

Oldie.

--
GeorgeWBush
GeorgeWBush's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14285

Starting Unicycle Club at School Uniman_3 Unicycling 0 February 28th 07 03:25 AM
Starting a University Club evil-nick Unicycling 5 October 31st 04 01:35 AM
High School Unicycle Club Memphis Mud Unicycling 11 February 11th 04 02:49 PM
Club Starting JoChem Unicycling 2 January 25th 04 01:53 AM
Starting a uni club James_Potter Unicycling 12 October 17th 03 03:14 AM