Mountain Bikers Don't Use Public Transit!

Old January 27th 08, 07:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Bikers Don't Use Public Transit!

So much for their alleged concern for the environment!

Mike

From: "Ted Stroll"
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:17:04 -0800
Subject: Mission Peak conditions

Everyone,

I had a great ride at Mission Peak Regional Preserve (Fremont) about
noon. One day after heavy rain, trail conditions range from good to
outstanding. The visibility up there has never been better. I could
look at San Francisco and Oakland, turn my head less than 90 degrees,
and see the Sierra Nevada brilliantly mantled in white. North to south
I believe I could see approximately from Big Sur to Sonoma County. I
think the uppermost portions of Mission Peak have views to rival any
in the state's lowlands, better than those from the Mt. Diablo summit.

As I was driving home I was speculating that of the hundreds of
thousands of people who live in Fremont, Union City, and Milpitas,
probably very few know that if they walked or rode up three or four
miles of trail they could look at the snow-capped Sierra Nevada. Not
to mention the entire urban Bay Area in one glance.

Check it out!

Ted Stroll

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old January 27th 08, 10:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

Three things in life that can be counted on -- besides life, death, and
taxes -- are that the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, and Vandeman
is an idiot.

Old January 28th 08, 06:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment
Marz

Default Hikers Don't Use Public Transit!

On Jan 27, 3:38*pm, "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
Three things in life that can be counted on -- besides life, death, and
taxes -- are that the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, and Vandeman
is an idiot.

From Outdoors/Backpacker here's the 'driving' driections for hikers to
get to the trail head.

To Trailhead:
I-680 S to Mission Blvd./CA 238 exit. Head 1.1 mi. S; turn L onto Anza-
Pine Rd. into Ohlone College campus. Go S past ballfields; park in lot
M, N, O or P (buy parking pass @ vending machine).

They don't mention which bus to catch!

Old January 29th 08, 12:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment

*Yawn*

Same banter, still no facts, all opinions. End Scene.

~Magua~
Please Mike Vander****te put a cell phone next to any part of your body