The Fever is Spreading!

Old November 14th 05, 05:46 AM
HardcoreCokerRider

Default The Fever is Spreading!

I was buzzing through the City earlier today and I hear "nice Coker"...
then on the way back from parking my car tonight... I hear those same
words once again. A cab driver saw me riding and slowed down so I rode
over to say hello... he mentioned my turns and told me had a Torker.
After talking for a few minutes, I found out it was babyivan from the
forum and then he parked his cab and gave my Coker a few tries. He
managed to free mount several times (with a little help from the curb)
and pedal a rev or so. Considering he doesn't have too much riding
experience and the seat was the wrong height for him... he did quite
well! Well anyway... that's all it took for babyivan to catch Coker
Fever... and now he intends to buy one! It seems all you have to do is
let someone try your Coker and then once they do they need to have one
for themself!

--
HardcoreCokerRider
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

Old November 14th 05, 05:55 AM
jagur

It seems all you have to do is let someone try your Coker and then once
they do they need to have one for themself!

i was vacinated for that fever long ago.

--
jagur

"How much for the spokes" is the "wheres your other wheel" of RSU
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old November 14th 05, 06:01 AM
uni57

HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
It seems all you have to do is let someone try your Coker and then once
they do they need to have one for themself!

They WILL want one. That's why I never let ANYONE ride my Coker. I
don't want them to steal it. I mean, you can't outrun a Coker. *

When you blast through the city on your Coker, you send out the message
"unicycling is COOL". I suspect you are inspiring other people who
simply don't have the ability to catch up to you and tell you (only cab
drivers have this ability -- sometimes).

* - not true. I actually let EVERYONE ride my amazing (and purple)
Dave Stockton creation. Even mad scientists.

--
uni57

tim, catboy, james_potter, ____, and theo are my main man. but tyler is
my 'internet brother' (http://tinyurl.com/e2xt9). don't mess with my
little bro'.

vote for mossberg.
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

Old November 14th 05, 06:07 AM
HardcoreCokerRider

jagur wrote:
i was vacinated for that fever long ago.

Yeah, I heard the story... some mad scientist who had some sort of
bizarre Coker hating syndrome formulated a Coker vaccine, afflicting
the vaccinated with a rare for of anti-Cokeritis and preventing them
from admiring the true beauty of such an incredible machine.
Fortunately, jagur is the only known recipient of the vaccine, other
than the mad scientist himself. I've heard that the vaccine doesn't
work for geared uni's or standard big wheels, though... so the day may
still come when I get to see jagur fast and furious... actually, I
think his BC riding already qualifies for that!

Old November 14th 05, 06:27 AM
HardcoreCokerRider

uni57 wrote:
When you blast through the city on your Coker, you send out the message
"unicycling is COOL". I suspect you are inspiring other people who
simply don't have the ability to catch up to you and tell you (only cab
drivers have this ability -- sometimes).

Thanks, Dave. Riding through the City, I hear comments on a pretty
constant basis (usually several times, every time I go out).
Fortunately, about 98% of them are positive, with a decent percentage
of people really enjoying watching me ride... probably because most of
them have never seen a unicycle with a 36" wheel before. People will
often stop me or catch me when I'm getting on or off and they usually
always have positive things to say and ask me questions... and I will
spread the gospel about how great the sport is and tell them about the
NYUC and the forum. I chat with people on the streets all the time. All
the positive reactions and comments keep me from getting ****ed off
when the other 2% of the people sing the circus tune, ask me how my
nuts feels, or throw snowballs at me in the Winter.

Old November 14th 05, 08:54 AM
babyivan

HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
I was buzzing through the City earlier today and I hear "nice Coker"...
then on the way back from parking my car tonight... I hear those same
words once again. A cab driver saw me riding and slowed down so I rode
over to say hello... he mentioned my turns and told me had a Torker.
After talking for a few minutes, I found out it was babyivan from the
forum and then he parked his cab and gave my Coker a few tries. He
managed to free mount several times (with a little help from the curb)
and pedal a rev or so. Considering he doesn't have too much riding
experience and the seat was the wrong height for him... he did quite
well! Well anyway... that's all it took for babyivan to catch Coker
Fever... and now he intends to buy one! It seems all you have to do is
let someone try your Coker and then once they do they need to have one
for themself!

Thanx for the kind words!
Im still relatively new to unicycling...I have a hard enough time as it
is on my Torker LX 26", let alone A Coker....size *DOES *make a
difference!
I can tell you that the Coker is an impressive uni with a great
potential for speed...the torque it takes to get it moving is quite
noticably more than my Torker.
I definately caught the fever, Im gonna start saving up for one.

HardcoreCokerRider can really "boogie" with that thing!
Ill tell you.....-even- in NYC, a uni attracts so much
attention.....interesting.
People were freaking out when he was doing circles on Bleeker Street.

--
babyivan

*NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN!*
babyivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11031

Old November 14th 05, 01:21 PM
Krashin'Kenny

jagur wrote:
i was vacinated for that fever long ago.

I agree wholeheartedly, I got the fever a few years ago, but I got over
it without a vaccination. I just simply got rid of my coker.

--
Krashin'Kenny

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old November 14th 05, 01:43 PM
Zee

jagur wrote:
i was vacinated for that fever long ago.

Haha, yeah, me too. I can admire the coker's potential for country
riding, but I just can't see it as practical for city riding.

--
Zee
Zee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11061

Old November 14th 05, 04:59 PM
babyivan

Krashin'Kenny wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly, I got the fever a few years ago, but I got over
it without a vaccination. I just simply got rid of my coker.

Why did you get rid of your Cocker?

Old November 14th 05, 06:34 PM
Krashin'Kenny

babyivan wrote:
Why did you get rid of your Cocker?

I've got 2 Muni's, a 700c wheeled uni and another 24" uni. The Coker
just didn't get used much after the newness and novelty wore off

Bike fever David Martin UK 0 September 8th 05 09:56 PM
How to stop New Bike Fever? bryanska General 27 July 24th 05 04:13 AM
Boroondara's got bike lane fever! eddiec Australia 0 October 5th 04 01:19 PM
Touring recumbents...inching towards spring fever ! Mike Beckett Recumbent Biking 24 January 26th 04 11:10 AM
Singlespeed Fever! David Mountain Biking 3 January 25th 04 08:47 AM