Riding Rigid, Riding One Gear

Old December 20th 06, 02:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

Default Riding Rigid, Riding One Gear

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
news
GeeDubb wrote:

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
GeeDubb wrote:
While in Palm Springs riding with probably the best group of riders
I've ridden with I managed to do 6 miles or more downhill with my rear
shock locked out. Needless to say I screwed it up and shipped it off
to be repaired. This left me w/o my dear boingy bike for a few weeks
so.......

Did you send it to Push?

Yes, probably get it back after xmas

Cool. Let me know what you think. I want to send the Racer-X fox for a
push.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Push called today, said pistion was slightly pitted but not bad..how much to
replace...$25...well duh OK replace it (6 years old in March with zero
maintenance other than a bushing replacement). I'll have it back this
Thursday. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Gary

Old December 20th 06, 02:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"JD" wrote in message
ups.com...

GeeDubb wrote:
"Paladin" wrote in message
ups.com...

GeeDubb wrote:
While in Palm Springs riding with probably the best group of riders
I've
ridden with I managed to do 6 miles or more downhill with my rear
shock
locked out. Needless to say I screwed it up and shipped it off to be
repaired. This left me w/o my dear boingy bike for a few weeks
so.......

should be fun.

Gary

Here's what helps keep me in relative control and comfort. I have the
2.35 kenda kinetics at about 28lbs, and a fairly soft seat, and I stand
a lot. Going up, and going down.... but I still love it. Not for all
the time, now that Rev Titus has converted me to double-squish, but
it's still fun once a week or so.

Spin like a hamster, sting like a bee...

CDB

28 lbs = mega pinchies for my big butt and lack of hardtail skills.

but it was way fun

I guess I could always through that White Bros 90mm (won in a raffle) on
the
front and see if I like it any better......

Gary

Try a DH kinda tire with a thick sidewall. It'll allow you to run
lower pressures without pinch flatting so easily. The Inner Peace 2.4
Motoraptors on the Cha work really well that way.

JD

Thanks for the info. I'll wait until I wear out these Kendas. Can't see
wasting perfectly good rubber especially after all the gift spending my wife
(and I)did. Went for a canal ride tonight with a bud and his new beach
cruiser. High rise bars, spring seat, 3 speed with coaster breaks, double
clamp rigid fork with some mega wide slicks. A little different ride than
the rss!

Gary