Chain or Bottom Bracket Creaking Noises

Old May 19th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Chain or Bottom Bracket Creaking Noises

Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

I have a fairly new titanium frame bike with an Ultegra 10 speed
group. The bike now has about 2800 miles on it.

Within the last couple of hundred miles or so it has developed an
annoying creaking noise that seems to emanate from the BB area.

What I thought was a BB creak ended up being a creak from the rear
wheel clamp point in the dropouts. Tightened the rear QR and it
went away. I couldn't believe it as I was convinced it was coming
from the BB..

--
..dt