Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 10th 18, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

Default Cyclists waste petrol

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 17:57:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 10:53 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Once you lot are out of the EU, you'll have decent Korean cars
available

Like Dacia and Daiwoo? Loads of them about already.

Dacias are Romanian, aren't they?

Yep, and a Renault subsidiary there.

While I work with a woman named Dacia, that's as close as I'll ever get
to one. We don't even have Renaults any more and after the Yugo, any
eastern European creations are suspect. There are some who feel that the
only worthwhile thing Clinton did was bombing the Yugo plant.

I've yet to see any car that's reliable.

Mine hasn't had a single failure in 12 years.

Why, in the 21st century, can't we make anything that just keeps working?

They have with mine. Corse its not a european steaming turd with wheels.

Old September 10th 18, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 19:12:29 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 17:57:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 10:53 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Once you lot are out of the EU, you'll have decent Korean cars
available

Like Dacia and Daiwoo? Loads of them about already.

Dacias are Romanian, aren't they?

Yep, and a Renault subsidiary there.

While I work with a woman named Dacia, that's as close as I'll ever get
to one. We don't even have Renaults any more and after the Yugo, any
eastern European creations are suspect. There are some who feel that the
only worthwhile thing Clinton did was bombing the Yugo plant.

I've yet to see any car that's reliable.

Mine hasn't had a single failure in 12 years.

How many miles did you do in those 12 years? What parts did you replace for servicing, predicting a failure might happen in the future? I don't believe you didn't have to change any tyres, brakes, suspension parts, steering, hoses, etc.

Old September 10th 18, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

[...]

Are you talking about your Golf? I had to replace things on my Golf. Maybe less than with some cars, but I still needed replacement suspension parts etc.
Old September 10th 18, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 18:31:48 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 08:32:09 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 21:45:21 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 05:48 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
In the UK the cops are in fear of being done for assault. They're
always very polite and behave like girls. It's quite funny arguing
with a traffic cop, they let you insult them.

Yes, well that's the UK... I'm sure you read enough US news to realize
this is not the UK.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-ar...ide-apartment-
wrongly-thought/story?id=57715416

What surprised me there was that they actually arrested her at all.

Indeed, in America they usually just shoot you.

They hardly ever do that with cops.

Everybody shoots everybody over there, they haven't grown up yet.
Old September 10th 18, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Mr Pounder Esquire

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
wrote:
On 09/09/2018 10:53 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Once you lot are out of the EU, you'll have decent Korean cars
available

Like Dacia and Daiwoo? Loads of them about already.

Dacias are Romanian, aren't they?

Yep, and a Renault subsidiary there.

While I work with a woman named Dacia, that's as close as I'll ever
get to one. We don't even have Renaults any more and after the
Yugo, any eastern European creations are suspect. There are some
who feel that the only worthwhile thing Clinton did was bombing
the Yugo plant.

I've yet to see any car that's reliable. Why, in the 21st century,
can't we make anything that just keeps working?

Why are you not working, Phucker?

Why should I work 7 days a week?

To pay the bills.
Why do you not have a job? Man with a degree.

Old September 10th 18, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Just gone over 65K Km

What parts did you replace for servicing,

Just the oil filter, once.

predicting a failure might happen in the future?

None.

I don't believe you didn't have to change any tyres,

That's not a reliability failure.

brakes, suspension parts, steering, hoses, etc.

Haven't had to replace any of those, or any bulbs etc either.

Old September 10th 18, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Nope, the Getz that replaced it.

I had to replace things on my Golf.

I didn't have to replace much, just the alternator regulator
and the exhaust silencer, once.

Maybe less than with some cars, but I still needed replacement suspension
parts etc.

I didn't replace any of those and I used that Golf for
much longer than you did, 45 years in fact and used
it every day to go to and from work too.

I did have to replace one of the giant rubber
things that the exhaust system hangs on.

Old September 10th 18, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Most people do not work SEVEN days a week.
Old September 10th 18, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Did you suddenly feel the need to drive at precisely the speed limit when you bought it? All the Hyundai drivers here do. Always in my ****ing way!

Actually I gave up on mine because of the large amount of rust underneath to pass the ****ing government nanny state MOT.

Maybe less than with some cars, but I still needed replacement suspension
parts etc.

I didn't replace any of those and I used that Golf for
much longer than you did, 45 years in fact and used
it every day to go to and from work too.

Are your roads littered with speed bumps? I go over perhaps 200 a day.

I did have to replace one of the giant rubber
things that the exhaust system hangs on.

I've found exhausts on all makes of cars to be similar. Stupidly made out of rustable metals.
Old September 10th 18, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Nope. In fact its so light with such a decent engine
that I was hooning along at well over 140K Km on the
way back from an airshow in Temora on the first
trip out of town in the new car. That's exceeding
the 100K speed limit by the level at which the
cops can seize the car instead of just fining you.

The cop had the decency to list it at just under 140K
and just slug me the ****ing great fine. I chose to
front the magistrate instead of paying the fine
and pointed out that that was on a straight stretch
of flat road, not even any trees on the side of the
road for more than 10KM with no other cars in
sight until the cop car showed up coming in the
other direction, presumably at 100K. Driving into
the setting sun, and lied to the magistrate that
it was the first time in the new car and I didn't
notice it was going that fast. He let me off.

All the Hyundai drivers here do.

Don't believe that either and you previously claimed
that everyone there drives at 10-15K over the speed limit.

Even you should be able to do better
than that pathetic excuse for a troll.

Obviously not.

Always in my ****ing way!

I had to replace things on my Golf.

I didn't have to replace much, just the alternator regulator and the
exhaust silencer, once.

Actually I gave up on mine because of the large amount of rust underneath
to pass the ****ing government nanny state MOT.

I did too, but that was my stupidity. I don't garage or carport
my cars and knew that the Golf passengers floor got wet after
heavy rain due to the windscreen seal and had never got
around to redoing the windscreen seal. That eventually
did rust thru the floor. No rust on the outside tho.

Maybe less than with some cars, but I still needed replacement
suspension
parts etc.

I didn't replace any of those and I used that Golf for
much longer than you did, 45 years in fact and used
it every day to go to and from work too.

Are your roads littered with speed bumps?

Yep.

I go over perhaps 200 a day.

Nothing like as many here.

I did have to replace one of the giant rubber
things that the exhaust system hangs on.

I've found exhausts on all makes of cars to be similar. Stupidly made out
of rustable metals.

That's why I replaced it with a stainless steel one.

Havent had to do anything with the Getz one.

Forget how many years or km it was with the Golf
but the use is quite different with the Getz with
not so much chance for it to get really hot to
burn off the condensed exhaust gases overnight.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 10:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 08:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 17th 07 11:30 PM