Tampa St Pete

Old February 9th 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
cmcanulty

Default Tampa St Pete

I am considering buying a condo in Tampa St Pete area near water and
the Bay Pines VA Hospital. Is this a good location for bicycling. I
hope to not drive at all. Any recommendations?
Old February 9th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

I believe the Pinellas Bike Trail begins somewhere in St. Pete. I'm not
sure how practical this would be as a commuting/errand-running trail,
though. Check out any of the websites for the trail and make your own call.
Happy moving!

Old February 19th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

On Feb 9, 10:33*am, "Papa Tom" wrote:
I believe the Pinellas Bike Trail begins somewhere in St. Pete. *I'm not
sure how practical this would be as a commuting/errand-running trail,
though. *Check out any of the websites for the trail and make your own call.
Happy moving!

http://www.billcotton.com/stpete.htm
This link on my webpage as Florida rides has GPD tracks that I made
while riding in the area. I was born in St. Pete and was visiting a
few years back when the Pinellas trail ended at 34 street south near
5h Avenue. Now the trail goes into town alloneside the baseball
stauimn.
I use the trail from north of Clearwater to 34th street, I was
staying
at 44th street and 30th Avenue at the time. You can see Bay Pines on
one of the maps where my tracks went through.

Old February 24th 09, 12:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

Default Tampa St Pete/Port Richey

Bill (or any Florida rider):

Is there a continuous bikeway that would take me from somewhere within
biking distance of Tampa Airport to somewhere within the region of Port
Richey? I've seen a bike path along the Suncoast Highway, but I haven't
been able to pinpoint its beginning and end.

Old February 25th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

On Feb 24, 7:43*am, "Papa Tom" wrote:
Bill (or any Florida rider):

Is there a continuous bikeway that would take me from somewhere within
biking distance of Tampa Airport to somewhere within the region of Port
Richey? *I've seen a bike path along the Suncoast Highway, but I haven't
been able to pinpoint its beginning and end.

http://outdoortravels.com/biking_fl_..._suncoast.html
This link give the trail heads at both ends. It mention furture link
with the Pinellas trail is planned
So seem that tke connection will be onroad to Port Richey. The tracks
line from my ride from Zeperhill back to St. Pete use Racetrack road
to Duneden and the Pinellas trail. The Suncoast highway was only
completed to the point where I crossed it, Van Dyke or Cirtus road,
then Gunn Hwy, Race Track Rd., Hillsboro Ave then Hwy 580.

Tampa Bay 10k florida Unicycling 6 December 10th 08 01:09 PM
Burley Tandem for Sale - Tampa Florida RonSonic Marketplace 0 April 17th 06 03:43 AM
riding from tampa to fort desoto v-man Rides 9 October 28th 04 05:01 PM
riding from tampa to fort desoto v-man Rides 0 October 25th 04 06:33 PM
Tampa to DC Mayors' Ride rider needed Cycle America General 1 May 10th 04 05:59 PM