Hardcore cyclist: Ronald McDonald?

Old July 24th 09, 07:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Hardcore cyclist: Ronald McDonald?

On Jul 24, 2:51*pm, " wrote:
https://www.terratrike.com/images/te...alWidget19.jpg

I wonder how many miles he puts on his trike.

I wonder if his yellow "M" suit has a chamois?

Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI

This is just as likely as seeing a bunch of bikes lining up at their
drive-thru.
Old July 25th 09, 03:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Cully J

On Jul 24, 1:59*pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
On Jul 24, 2:51*pm, " wrote:

https://www.terratrike.com/images/te...alWidget19.jpg

I wonder how many miles he puts on his trike.

I wonder if his yellow "M" suit has a chamois?

Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI

This is just as likely as seeing a bunch of bikes lining up at their
drive-thru.

I'd line up at "Micky D's" drive-through for a post-ride chocolate
shake!

Cullen
Old July 25th 09, 04:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

wrote:

On Jul 24, 2:51*pm, " wrote:

https://www.terratrike.com/images/te...alWidget19.jpg

I wonder how many miles he puts on his trike.

I wonder if his yellow "M" suit has a chamois?

Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI

This is just as likely as seeing a bunch of bikes lining up at their
drive-thru.

I'd line up at "Micky D's" drive-through for a post-ride chocolate
shake!

Cullen

And nothing like a clean McDonald's toilet.
Old July 26th 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:56:15 -0700 (PDT), Cully J
wrote:

I'd line up at "Micky D's" drive-through for a post-ride chocolate
shake!

Back when I could take long rides, I was always delighted to see the
golden arches looming, and always stopped -- but never ever considered
using the drive-through!

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old July 26th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

wrote:

I'd line up at "Micky D's" drive-through for a post-ride chocolate
shake!

Back when I could take long rides, I was always delighted to see the
golden arches looming, and always stopped -- but never ever considered
using the drive-through!

Drive-throughs serve to promote excessive driving.

One could even possibly argue that at late night,
fast-food drive-throughs serve to promote impaired
driving. I've heard many suggest that if cops want
to stop impaired drivers, all they have to do is
stalk the parking lots of bars, and pick-off the
customers at closing time. But one doesn't know
if they've only been drinking ginger ale or coffee
all night. The ones to stop are the ones who bee-line
for the fast-food drive-through, to choke down some
horrid nosh they hope masks the alcohol scent and
clears some of the fog from their soused brains.

Some riders take umbrage at being disallowed from
drive-throughs that don't allow bikes. I guess they
feel excluded.

Personally, I've already excluded drive-throughs from
my lifestyle, before drive-throughs excluded me 'n
my bike. It sounds like you have, too. We don't
need 'em.

During my morning commute to work, I see many drivers
queued up at the Tim Horton's drive-through, to get
their wakey-uppy cup o' coffee. If drivers are behind
the wheel and still need to wake up while en route to
their jobs, something's horribly wrong. The effort of
getting out of their cars to order their double-double
would surely wake them up better than mumbling orders into
a microphone while still embedded in the driver's seat.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old July 26th 09, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Kane

wrote:

I'd line up at "Micky D's" drive-through for a post-ride chocolate
shake!

Back when I could take long rides, I was always delighted to see the
golden arches looming, and always stopped -- but never ever considered
using the drive-through! *

I suspect that they would have refused to serve you. Most drive -ins
that I have heard of only will serve people in automobiles.

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada
Old July 26th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
recycled[_2_]

wrote:

I'd line up at "Micky D's" drive-through for a post-ride chocolate
shake!

Back when I could take long rides, I was always delighted to see the
golden arches looming, and always stopped -- but never ever considered
using the drive-through!

I suspect that they would have refused to serve you. Most drive -ins
that I have heard of only will serve people in automobiles.

Likely. I've had a few say no. though McD's was never my thing I would
sometimes succumb to a Tim's coffee and cookie or a DQ chocolate dip soft
serve or Oreo blizzard.

Old July 28th 09, 09:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Bernhard Agthe

Hi,

ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Jul 24, 2:51 pm, " wrote:

(image link)
I wonder how many miles he puts on his trike.

Probably none as shown, the chainring is on the wrong side and the chain
seems to have been sacrificed by the image editing...

;-)

This is just as likely as seeing a bunch of bikes lining up at their
drive-thru.

Well, I tried that once - they don't notice you. A bike is not heavy
enough to trigger their bell - at least here.

Ciao...

..
Old July 28th 09, 01:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Cully J

On Jul 28, 3:56*am, Bernhard Agthe wrote:
Hi,

ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Jul 24, 2:51 pm, " wrote:

(image link)
I wonder how many miles he puts on his trike.

Probably none as shown, the chainring is on the wrong side and the chain
seems to have been sacrificed by the image editing...

Maybe it's one of those European trikes?

hardcore John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 2 March 27th 09 11:50 AM
Ronald McDonald on a unicycle siafirede Unicycling 10 June 24th 07 08:15 PM
cyclist Damian McDonald killed in Burnley tunnel crash AndrewJ Australia 0 March 25th 07 08:56 AM
Ronald is no challenge to me! Jim Verhuel Recumbent Biking 2 December 2nd 05 09:06 PM
Step aside Ronald Jim Verhuel General 1 November 30th 05 02:16 PM