Visitor

Old October 4th 19, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Visitor

On 04/10/2019 08:04, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Wed, 02 Oct 2019 19:32:48 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:
On 02/10/2019 19:26, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Visited from the guy canvassing for the local Labour Councillor. He
asked me if I had any local issues. I told him that I was sick to
death of seeing "****** cyclists riding on the footpath". Wait for
it ........................ he told me that he was a cyclist and it
is legal to ride on the footpath up to the age of 18. I told him to
**** off and make sure that he closed my garden gate. The gross
stupidity of cyclists can never be underestimated.
I've emailed the local Councillor and expressed my disgust with his
representative and his lack of basic knowledge of the law.
The stupidity of cyclists can never be underestimated.

Nearly as bad as the PCSO that thought it was OK for people to ride
unlicensed non-compliant motor cycles in public, she spoke to them
and said they should wear a helmet !!! When I told her she was
completely wrong and pointed her to a .Gov website about it, she
said I was being rude !! I made a complaint to the Chief Constable
and got an apology from him, but not one from her.

I did once make a complaint to the police about cyclists blasting
down the footpath.
I got a reply from the local PCSO telling me that the police prefer
to "educate rather than prosecute".
How the hell can any poverty thick as pig **** suicyclist be
educated? Let's face it, a person has to be stupid to like riding a
kids toy in the wind and the rain.
Note made to top up the windscreen washer bottle in the car, gives
the open mouthed cyclists something to drink.

Methinks 'tis your own mouth foaming that puts most people off.

I love squirting screenwash down the open mouths of pikey scum cyclists.

Assaultor.
Old October 4th 19, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is a terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

Old October 4th 19, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is a terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

It is also an offence to drive without a working windscreen washer.
Old October 4th 19, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

H2O is a chemical.

Have you thought of prosecuting God?

Of course you have!

Old October 4th 19, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/10/2019 12:51, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is a terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

It is also an offence to drive without a working windscreen washer.

....or a working windscreen-wiper, eh?
Old October 4th 19, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:
On 02/10/2019 19:26, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Visited from the guy canvassing for the local Labour Councillor. He
asked me if I had any local issues. I told him that I was sick to
death of seeing "****** cyclists riding on the footpath". Wait for
it ........................ he told me that he was a cyclist and it
is legal to ride on the footpath up to the age of 18. I told him to
**** off and make sure that he closed my garden gate. The gross
stupidity of cyclists can never be underestimated.
I've emailed the local Councillor and expressed my disgust with his
representative and his lack of basic knowledge of the law.
The stupidity of cyclists can never be underestimated.

Nearly as bad as the PCSO that thought it was OK for people to ride
unlicensed non-compliant motor cycles in public, she spoke to them
and said they should wear a helmet !!!Â* When I told her she was
completely wrong and pointed her to a .Gov website about it, she
said I was being rude !!Â* I made a complaint to the Chief Constable
[...]

God has a lot to answer for - including wide goalposts!
Screen Wash is a potentially harmful chemical solution.
Pure water was never mentioned.

Windshield washer fluid is sold in many formulations, and some may require dilution before being applied, although most solutions available in North America come premixed with no diluting required. The most common washer fluid solutions are given labels such as "All-Season", "Bug Remover", or "De-icer", and usually are a combination of solvents with a detergent. Dilution factors will vary depending on season, for example in winter the dilution factor may be 1:1, whereas during summer the dilution factor may be 1:10. It is sometimes sold as sachet of crystals, which is also diluted with water. Distilled or deionised water is the preferred diluent, since it will not leave trace mineral deposits on the glass.

Anti-freeze, or methylated spirits, may be added to a mixture to give
the product a lower freezing temperature. Methanol vapor is harmful when
breathed in, and methanol poisoning presents a risk of death, severe
ocular toxicity, and other severe effects if ingested. As of May 9,
2018, methanol was banned from use in windscreen washing and defrosting
products in the European Union[4]. Fluids are now usually based on
ethanol, often with small quantities of isopropanol, ethylene glycol,
and methanol.

Many cars display a warning when the fluid level is low, and some car
makers have replaced the float sensor generating this signal with a
simple two-pin probe in the tank. This requires a (slightly) conductive
fluid, but most common windshield washer fluid mixtures will work.
Mercedes-Benz sells a special fluid for their cars.[citation needed]

Concerns have been raised[by whom?] about the overall environmental
aspects of washer fluid.[citation needed] Widespread use of wiper fluid
(amounting to billions of liters each year)[citation needed] can lead to
cumulative air pollution and water pollution.[citation needed]

Consumer advocacy groups and auto enthusiasts believe that the alcohols
and solvents present in some, but not all, windshield washer fluid can
damage the vehicle. These critics point to the corrosive effects of
ethanol, methanol, and other components on paint, rubber, car wax, and
plastics, and groups propose various alternatives and homemade recipes
to protect the finish and mechanics of the motor vehicle.

Legionnaires' disease
On 14 June 2010, the UK's Health Protection Agency announced the results
of a preliminary study of 75 patients, which found an association
between the use of plain water as wiper fluid and Legionnaires' disease,
which is spread by breathing in aerosolized bacteria from infected
water. It had been noticed that prevalence of the disease was five times
higher among professional drivers.[13][14][15]

Old October 4th 19, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

And...?

Does that stop rain from being almost-pure H2O? Does it stop H2O from
being a chemical?

[...]

Marketing... don't fall for it. Water in the screen-washer bottle does
the job and it's free. Some people do seem to think they're allergic to
it, of course.
Old October 4th 19, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 04/10/2019 13:59, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 12:51, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is a
terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

It is also an offence to drive without a working windscreen washer.

...or a working windscreen-wiper, eh?

I have cars without wipers or washers and they are legal to drive.
Old October 4th 19, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/10/2019 16:46, MrCheerful wrote:
On 04/10/2019 13:59, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 12:51, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is a
terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

It is also an offence to drive without a working windscreen washer.

...or a working windscreen-wiper, eh?

I have cars without wipers or washers and they are legal to drive.

Do they have windscreens?