Two people want to learn (finally)

Old August 7th 05, 10:22 PM
digigal1

Default Two people want to learn (finally)

My girlfriend's 10 year old niece came to visit and was very interested
in my uni. A couple of us held her on either side and rolled her around
(very labor intensive.) The next day she wanted to do that again, and I
said, why don't you really try to learn instead of us rolling you on it?
So I gave her some shin pads, wrist guards and my helmet, put the seat
in the lowest position and set her up between 2 cars. We did several
sessions over the 5 days she was here.

She was very sad to leave it, but secretly her mom asked her dad to get
his old uni from grandma's garage...

Also a local adult friend told me she wants me to teach her. I'm so
happy!

--
digigal1 - Level 1 on a good day

Raphael never stopped being my hero.
digigal1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5848

Old August 8th 05, 01:00 AM
Krashin'Kenny

That is soooooooo cool!!!!!!

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old August 8th 05, 01:04 AM
WWUunicycler

set her up between 2 cars

hmmm, doesn't sound like the smartest idea. but meh...what do i know

--
WWUunicycler - Proud Owner of a new KH 20" trials
WWUunicycler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10142

Old August 8th 05, 09:07 AM
DustinMichels

WWUunicycler wrote:
*hmmm, doesn't sound like the smartest idea. but meh...what do i know
*

Really odd, but I seem to agree with you on this one...

We're probably both crazy.

--
DustinMichels - What could possibly go wrong?

-Clink! Screw! Bend! Inflate! Alter Saddle!-
DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289

Old August 8th 05, 11:33 AM
JJuggle

WWUunicycler wrote:
*hmmm, doesn't sound like the smartest idea. but meh...what do i know
*
-Originall posted by DustinMichels-
*Really odd, but I seem to agree with you on this one... *

Gents, just to be clear, the cars weren't moving.

--
JJuggle - Meet the new boss...

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

No safety or surprise, the end.
I'll never look into your eyes again.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old August 8th 05, 11:35 AM
katch22

heck.. I learned with just one car!

--
katch22 - She called me a one wheeled ******.

-.-- --- ..- / .-- .... .- - ..--..
--- -. / .- / .-- .... .- - ..--..
katch22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10181

Old August 8th 05, 06:02 PM
WWUunicycler

quote:
Originally posted by WWUunicycler
hmmm, doesn't sound like the smartest idea. but meh...what do i know

quote:
Originall posted by DustinMichels
Really odd, but I seem to agree with you on this one...

Gents, just to be clear, the cars weren't moving.

Well, yeah, I kinda assumed that . It's just that I'm 21 and about a
level 5 and my parents are still a little uneasy about me riding even
-close- to the cars for fear that I might scratch one. The thought of
hearing a beginner ride between two cars makes me think that either 1.
the cars are junk anyway, 2. the parents -really- trust the child, or 3.
don't really car about the cars!!

Old August 8th 05, 11:04 PM
UniFanatic03

heck, i didnt have anything to hold on to when i learned

--
UniFanatic03 - Level 4 - 5

'My Unicycling Website' (http://www.freewebs.com/unifanatic03/)
UniFanatic03's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10107

Old August 9th 05, 01:16 AM
digigal1

I was right behind her the whole time. Bumping into the cars was
minimal. Besides, I don't really care about my car and didn't tell my
girlfriend about the potential danger to hers!