Dan Heaton Pro street "or" Devil - White Widow ?

Old September 2nd 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bailingmarne

Default Dan Heaton Pro street "or" Devil - White Widow ?

I'm thinking about buying a new trials unicycle, but I don't know what
to chose.

I'm hesitating between the Dan Heaton Pro street whit TRIALS
cranks instead of the street cranks "OR" The Devil - White Widow.

can anybody help me whit my choise ?

--
bailingmarne

1 wheel, 1000 ways to ride it
bailingmarne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12717

Old September 2nd 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
natiag

whats your budget?

--
natiag

its not blue, its orange, it just looks like red!
natiag's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13070

Old September 2nd 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

What is stearing you in the direction of either of these? What are you
planning on using these for? Are you a street or a trials purist? Do
you like a little of both worlds? What kind of skills do you hope to
improve by purchasing one of these?

With these questions answered we can prolly help you out alot more.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old September 2nd 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
niles

The aluninium cranks in the second version have still the problem that
the steelwinding to hold the pedal is spinning and shaking after a
short time. I broke the second cranks now without any big drops only
flips and grinds. So order the streetcranks.

--
niles

Keep it rollin *'elbtrial.com' (http://www.elbtrial.com)*
niles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9569

Old September 2nd 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

niles wrote:
The aluninium cranks in the second version have still the problem that
the steelwinding to hold the pedal is spinning and shaking after a
short time. I broke the second cranks now without any big drops only
flips and grinds. So order the streetcranks.

Did you use the supplied washers? The alu cranks are the kind you want
for trials, no ankle bumping, light and stronger than the street
cranks.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old September 2nd 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bailingmarne

ntappin wrote:
What is stearing you in the direction of either of these? What are you
planning on using these for? Are you a street or a trials purist? Do
you like a little of both worlds? What kind of skills do you hope to
improve by purchasing one of these?

With these questions answered we can prolly help you out alot more.

I'm doing Trial but I also like to do street tricks.
I'm thinking about the DH pro street because the rim of the White
Widow's rim is a bit weak.
otherwise the cranks of the DH pro street are not that good for doing
trials.

So I was thinking to place the Koxx Trials cranks on the DH pro street
instead of the street cranks.

I'm now riding a Qu-Ax trials but the seat isn't good for trialing
s.i.f. and the Qu-Ax is also a bit to heavy for me. that's why I'm
thinking about the DH pro street or the White devil.
I'm still not sure about the Koxx trials rim.
is it really that weak ?

Old September 3rd 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

bailingmarne wrote:

I'm now riding a Qu-Ax trials but the seat isn't good for trialing
s.i.f. and the Qu-Ax is also a bit to heavy for me. that's why I'm
thinking about the DH pro street or the White devil.

So buy a new seat.

And maybe a lighter frame?

--
forrestunifreak

dudewithasock wrote:
wait, so... Your dads your mom, and so is Carson?

*'My gallery-NAUCC 2006!'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*
Unicycle for Christ
*Banana's for Jesus!*

Old September 3rd 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

forrestunifreak wrote:
So buy a new seat.

And maybe a lighter frame?

Yeah I would definatly recomend just upgrading the old uni to something
friggin sweet instead of just buying a new one.

With the money those would cost you could get a KH frame (or the new
Qu-ax alu frame), and a sweet carbon fiber seat with gel padding. That
would not only make the whole thing way lighter it would also make the
seat stronger (even stronger than the koxx one and more comfy). Another
thing is to check your tube, if you have a legit trials tube then you
could get a smaller tube and that would save a fair bit of weight. I
would say that would make a much better uni than either of the Koxx
unis.

Old September 3rd 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

This is the first I'm hearing of a DH Pro uni. Where does one get one?
Any links to photos or specs?

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

UNICYCLING to fight Multiple Sclerosis...click 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/px9q9) to help.

Old September 3rd 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

tomblackwood wrote:
This is the first I'm hearing of a DH Pro uni. Where does one get one?
Any links to photos or specs?

The Dan Heaton Pro uni, its on the Koxx one website.