Pushing cyclists off their bikes is 'tantamount to attempted murder'says MP

Old October 17th 19, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Pushing cyclists off their bikes is 'tantamount to attempted murder'says MP

QUOTE:
"The MP for Hartlepool says he will speak to Cleveland and Durham Police about what he says is a pattern of attacks where cyclists are being pushed off their bikes by people travelling in passing cars.

One Hartlepool cyclist suffered a dislocated shoulder and fractured collarbone after being pushed off in July and three such incidents in as many months have now led Mike Hill to raise the issue with police.

“For them to be targeted by people in fast moving vehicles and literally shoved off their bicycles is not only unacceptable, but is tantamount to attempted murder"

https://road.cc/content/news/266813-...murder-says-mp
Old October 17th 19, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"The MP for Hartlepool says he will speak to Cleveland and Durham
Police about what he says is a pattern of attacks where cyclists are
being pushed off their bikes by people travelling in passing cars.

One Hartlepool cyclist suffered a dislocated shoulder and fractured
collarbone after being pushed off in July and three such incidents in
as many months have now led Mike Hill to raise the issue with police.

"For them to be targeted by people in fast moving vehicles and
literally shoved off their bicycles is not only unacceptable, but is
tantamount to attempted murder"

https://road.cc/content/news/266813-...murder-says-mp

Note made to top up the washer bottle in my viable means of transport.

Old October 17th 19, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 7:33:02 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"The MP for Hartlepool says he will speak to Cleveland and Durham
Police about what he says is a pattern of attacks where cyclists are
being pushed off their bikes by people travelling in passing cars.

One Hartlepool cyclist suffered a dislocated shoulder and fractured
collarbone after being pushed off in July and three such incidents in
as many months have now led Mike Hill to raise the issue with police.

"For them to be targeted by people in fast moving vehicles and
literally shoved off their bicycles is not only unacceptable, but is
tantamount to attempted murder"

https://road.cc/content/news/266813-...murder-says-mp

Note made to top up the washer bottle in my viable means of transport.

Your pedal cycle has a washer bottle? I understand your bedsit has neither bath nor shower and ,as a northerner, you would not know how to use them.

Old October 17th 19, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Sez the group clown.

Old October 17th 19, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

You are the one claiming your pedal cycle has a washer bottle.

Old October 18th 19, 12:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 17/10/2019 19:17, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"The MP for Hartlepool says he will speak to Cleveland and Durham Police about what he says is a pattern of attacks where cyclists are being pushed off their bikes by people travelling in passing cars.

One Hartlepool cyclist suffered a dislocated shoulder and fractured collarbone after being pushed off in July and three such incidents in as many months have now led Mike Hill to raise the issue with police.

“For them to be targeted by people in fast moving vehicles and literally shoved off their bicycles is not only unacceptable, but is tantamount to attempted murder"

https://road.cc/content/news/266813-...murder-says-mp

Do you know what "tantamount [to]" means?
Old October 18th 19, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 18/10/2019 07:32, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"The MP for Hartlepool says he will speak to Cleveland and Durham
Police about what he says is a pattern of attacks where cyclists are
being pushed off their bikes by people travelling in passing cars.

One Hartlepool cyclist suffered a dislocated shoulder and fractured
collarbone after being pushed off in July and three such incidents in
as many months have now led Mike Hill to raise the issue with police.

"For them to be targeted by people in fast moving vehicles and
literally shoved off their bicycles is not only unacceptable, but is
tantamount to attempted murder"

https://road.cc/content/news/266813-...murder-says-mp

Note made to top up the washer bottle in my viable means of transport.

Hiding your blood-and-turd-stained sharpened battleaxe.
Old October 18th 19, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Thanks greatly for the compliment.
Old October 18th 19, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

You do yourself a disservice and you flatter Jester/Fool.
Old October 18th 19, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"The MP for Hartlepool says he will speak to Cleveland and Durham
Police about what he says is a pattern of attacks where cyclists are
being pushed off their bikes by people travelling in passing cars.

One Hartlepool cyclist suffered a dislocated shoulder and fractured
collarbone after being pushed off in July and three such incidents in
as many months have now led Mike Hill to raise the issue with police.

"For them to be targeted by people in fast moving vehicles and
literally shoved off their bicycles is not only unacceptable, but is
tantamount to attempted murder"

https://road.cc/content/news/266813-...murder-says-mp

Note made to top up the washer bottle in my viable means of transport.

Good move as it is illegal to have no liquid in said bottle.
I have 5 litres in my car boot.
I also have changed my wiper blades - £20 a pair.