I want my new bike!

Old March 7th 07, 05:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Default I want my new bike!

It's my birthday in just over a week and my present is a new CRX4 for
commuting. It looks so cool all in black (just call me JayWoo). My
current commuter is a 10 year old Kmart special or similar which weighs
a ton.

I agreed with the family that I would wait till my birthday to ride it
but I'm certainly regretting that now. All I could think about on
yesterday's commute was how much nicer all those hills will be with
about 8kg less weight and skinnier tyres.

Sigh, I want my new bike, I want my new bike, I want my new bike!

Dave "pouting" B
Old March 7th 07, 05:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_37_]

DaveB Wrote:

Dave "pouting" B

Now cross your arms, pout and tap foot repeatively..

--
cfsmtb

Old March 7th 07, 06:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Spoken4

cfsmtb wrote:
DaveB Wrote:

Dave "pouting" B

Now cross your arms, pout and tap foot repeatively..

Do that and you'll get sent straight to your room! No bike for you!
Old March 7th 07, 02:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_11_]

DaveB Wrote:
Sigh, I want my new bike, I want my new bike, I want my new bike!

It's been four months since I commited to buying a new frame, and what
with several design revisions, a change of builder and more material
changes than I can recall I'm still not so patiently awaiting it's
arrival*. So stop whining :P.

[html]smallIt should be noted that these delays were all caused by me
changing my mind about every 20 seconds... but I'm still impatient :P.
/small/html

--
SomeGuy

Old March 7th 07, 02:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 01:09:31 +1100, SomeGuy
wrote:

DaveB Wrote:
Sigh, I want my new bike, I want my new bike, I want my new bike!

It's been four months since I commited to buying a new frame, and what
with several design revisions, a change of builder and more material
changes than I can recall I'm still not so patiently awaiting it's
arrival*. So stop whining :P.

[html]smallIt should be noted that these delays were all caused by me
changing my mind about every 20 seconds... but I'm still impatient :P.
/small/html

6 months next week since I wrecked my tourer. N-1+1 bikes next week?
The rear triangle may still be original.
Old March 7th 07, 09:57 PM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych[_7_]

DaveB Wrote:
It's my birthday in just over a week and my present is a new CRX4 for
commuting. It looks so cool all in black (just call me JayWoo). My
current commuter is a 10 year old Kmart special or similar which
weighs
a ton.

I agreed with the family that I would wait till my birthday to ride it
but I'm certainly regretting that now. All I could think about on
yesterday's commute was how much nicer all those hills will be with
about 8kg less weight and skinnier tyres.

Sigh, I want my new bike, I want my new bike, I want my new bike!

Dave "pouting" B

I get mine today HURRAH!! BUT!! I can't ride it yet, as it was
delivered with a zero offset seatpost and I need offset. Of course, the
offset I need is OUT OF STOCK!!! AAAAAAAAAAAND the handlebars I ordered
with it are also waiting delivery.... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH so , whilst I can
stroke the shiny new frame, that's about all I can do at the moment.
sigh...

At least you will be able to ride yours straight away Dave

--
warrwych

Old March 7th 07, 10:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_12_]

warrwych Wrote:
whilst I can stroke the shiny new frame, that's about all I can do at
the moment. sigh...

Yep, it's painful. I've got a whole bikes worth of parts sitting on the
shelf next to me, and they are all teasing me .

--
SomeGuy

Old March 8th 07, 06:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_11_]

warrwych Wrote:
I get mine today HURRAH!! BUT!! I can't ride it yet, as it was delivered
with a zero offset seatpost and I need offset. Of course, the offset I
need is OUT OF STOCK!!! AAAAAAAAAAAND the handlebars I ordered with it
are also waiting delivery.... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH so , whilst I can stroke
the shiny new frame, that's about all I can do at the moment. sigh...

At least you will be able to ride yours straight away Dave

what happened to your LUNA? whatchya get? huhuhhuhuhuhuhuh????

Flying"dreaming-vicariously"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

Old March 8th 07, 11:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych[_8_]

flyingdutch Wrote:
what happened to your LUNA? whatchya get? huhuhhuhuhuhuhuh????

Flying"dreaming-vicariously"Dutch

Luna is doing well and I love her muchly Dutchy. New bike is a
trackbeastteschner........

--
warrwych

Old March 13th 07, 09:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_16_]

warrwych Wrote:
Luna is doing well and I love her muchly Dutchy. New bike is a
trackbeastteschner........

Well, if you're not gonna post the link..
http://fixmawheel.blogspot.com/2007/...ckbeastie.html

hippy

--
hippy