Having fun diagnosing maguras prob

Old September 1st 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
teachndad

Default Having fun diagnosing maguras prob

Hi,

I have been dinking around with bleeding my maguras for quite a while
now... I have tried to bleed the dang things ix times over using both
water and Magura Blood. I follow all the tips and instructions to a
tee, but still no luck. The calipers wouldn't even move.

So, I purged the line of blood by pushing out the liquid with just air.
I then closed and tightend the open screws. Finally I submerged it into
a bucket of water and pulled on the lever.

Voila, there it was, bubbles coming out of the mainline. I am running
steel braided hoses and figured they were bomb proof. I guess not. I
ride around a lot of rocks and I guess somewhere, the line just got
mashed which led to a crack and a puncture.

I thought I had a problem with my connections, but they are working
just fine.

Now I have to decide if I want to pursue looking for a new braided line
or go back to plastic lines. For the longest time, I had covered my
plastic lines with clear urethane tubing. It looked cruddy, but it
protected the line. Working with getting the steel braided hose onto
the barbed connectors is a PITN.

Too bad Magura can't interchange the plastic lines with braided. That
sucks.

One last rant. I swapped out my plastic lines on this set of Maguras
that were working fine to the steel lines and I have had hassles ever
since. If it works, don't fix it.

Cheers.

--
teachndad