California Mountain Unicycle Weekend - 2008 - San Diego

Old September 3rd 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Default California Mountain Unicycle Weekend - 2008 - San Diego

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
'Here's the shirt.' (http://uniflatland.com/pictures/cmwshirt.jpg)

I thought you guys decided against black shirts... then again, they do
look good.

What's with the "dookie splatter" behind the unicycle / unicyclist? Is
that really the color you're going with?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
Old September 3rd 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Regarding the T-shirts, if you're still in a place where you can make
edits I'll recommend you don't make the common mistake made on lots of
uni shirts: not spelling out the name of the event. California Mountain
Unicycle Weekend. Not such a big deal because the image of the unicycle
is pretty big. Alternatively, change to a capital U for "MUni".

Another T-shirt suggestion is to make the sponsor logos sized more in
line with how much stuff they donate, and less based on the shape of
the logos. If one sponsor donates a whole unicycle, for example, they
should get the biggest logo back there. Of course you may not know what
any of those sponsors is dontating at this point...

BTW my expectation is that you'll be sending me more information like
this to post on the web site. Now that you have a registration form up,
people are going to start asking the obvious questions:

- What are these meals you're charging for?
- What activities accompany the meals?
- Where are the trails?
- What makes each ride unique?
- What's the 36er race all about? Distance, Terrain, climb, descent
(answers should help riders prepare and determine a good crank
length)?

Keep it coming...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old September 7th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

bump

--
Tyler_N

UNIPROSHOP.COM
2nd*)---, '30ft Coaster~
')-mostpointlessthread-/--O'
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PPpcKrm1A)

UniKid2 wrote:

dakoroman wrote:
analize

lol

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old September 7th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

johnfoss wrote:

BTW my expectation is that you'll be sending me more information like
this to post on the web site. Now that you have a registration form up,
people are going to start asking the obvious questions:

- What are these meals you're charging for?
- What activities accompany the meals?
- Where are the trails?
- What makes each ride unique?
- What's the 36er race all about? Distance, Terrain, climb, descent
(answers should help riders prepare and determine a good crank
length)?

Keep it coming...

Hey Jon: I'm working on getting good directions to each of the trails
right now, so you should be getting those and descriptions of the
trails pretty soon.

--
mornish

email: mornish at gmail dot com
'The National Dept Clock' (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/)
'definitely' (http://d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/)
'California Mountain Unicycle Weekend 2008'
(http://www.unicycling.com/muni/2008/)
Old September 7th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
teachndad

I just started my registration process and noticed there is a LATE
REGISTRATION FEE if recieved after October 5.

Get those registrations in.

Cheers.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'UnicycleTips.com' (http://UnicycleTips.com)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
Old September 7th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

Me (18) and my friend (17) and possibly others who are over 18 are
planning on driving down. Can my friend who's 17 have his parents sign
for him to go. Clarification please.

--
uniaddict

Savin $cash$ by commuting
'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
*85 foot coast!*
Old September 7th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

uniaddict wrote:
Me (18) and my friend (17) and possibly others who are over 18 are
planning on driving down. Can my friend who's 17 have his parents sign
for him to go. Clarification please.

Yea they agreed it was okay that parents just have to sign and don't
have to attend. Its all in the registration form.

--
littleman

http://sixsixone.com/
Old September 8th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mtnjeffe

I will probably only make it down there one day so I am wondering
whether Saturday or Sunday would be best. I have been riding Muni for
about 5 months, ride easy to moderate cross country single track, am OK
with downhill but can't do drops as of yet but I don't mind hiking
through sections as long as it is not the entire trail.

--
mtnjeffe
Old September 8th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

mtnjeffe wrote:
I will probably only make it down there one day so I am wondering
whether Saturday or Sunday would be best. I have been riding Muni for
about 5 months, ride easy to moderate cross country single track, am OK
with downhill but can't do drops as of yet but I don't mind hiking
through sections as long as it is not the entire trail.

Probably would not recommend Noble canyon trail, as it's apparently
really technical. I think you would like Elfin Forest though, which I
think is on Friday, the first day of CMW '08.

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 9th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Money issues are starting to solve themselves for Berkeley Juggling
Festival, I'm still working on CMW though. If I can come up with the
funds to get to CMW and back home is there still room in a car with
anyone who may be at BJF and driving to CMW?

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)