California Mountain Unicycle Weekend - 2008 - San Diego

Old February 17th 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

Default California Mountain Unicycle Weekend - 2008 - San Diego

Hi everyone!

This years Cal Muni Weekend is going to be in San Diego, so hopefully
it will be mudless.

Hopefully I will be able to get the website up in the next week or so,
and I'll post updates here once more things get figured out.

The dates are going to be October 17th to 19th, so start planning!

I'll try to get hotel and campground recommendations up also in the
next two weeks, and also figure out a tentative schedule.

-Miles

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish at gmail dot com
msn: mornish at gmail dot com
'myspace' (www.myspace.com/mornish)

my brother wrote:
Unicycling - It impresses people but also makes them feel a little sad
for you at the same time.

Spencer wrote:
procrastination is just setting you up for max efficiency and therefore
a good thing

http://www.usenet.com
Old February 17th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bob1993

thats my dads birthday can you maybe move it up or back a weekend?

--
bob1993

'my latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dK_TsSoHw0)

JJtheunicycle wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time... I would probably have 1, maybe 2
nickels.

'*ADD ME!!*' (http://www.myspace.com/munirider)
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 17th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

Sorry, but the date is set. unless like 20 people can't come it's going
to be then.

You aren't that far away though, so maybe you could come for part of
it? What day is your dad's birthday?

-Miles

Old February 17th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

its the 18th. im like a 45 minute drive away so i can come on the 17th
and the 19th

--
Tyler_N

JJtheunicycle wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time... I would probably have 1, maybe 2
nickels.

'*ADD ME!!*' (myspace.com/munirider)
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 17th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

Tyler_N wrote:
its the 18th. im like a 45 minute drive away so i can come on the 17th
and the 19th

okay, the trails are mostly going to be in Poway too, so it shouldn't
be that bad hopefully.

Old February 18th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

It's good that this is not Columbus Day weekend, as it would probably
conflict with the Berkeley Festival up here.

The Web site for MUni Weekend 2008 will be 'here'
(http://www.unicycling.com/muni/2008/), but there's nothing there yet.
So far we mostly have dates.

If you live in the area, please get in touch with Miles to see if you
can help him out. The more people that get involved, the better these
events turn out. See you all in the San Diego area in October!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 18th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Awesome! Me, Jamey & Jim just did the amazing Iron Mountain trail today,
(In Poway, near San Diego) and I'll be posting a few pics and a short
video later. This is going to the top of my list for favorite Muni
trails within 100 miles of me!

Absolutely awesome trail with way technical sections, ledge drops and
gorgeous views. It's roughly 6 miles out & back...or I should say UP
and down lol! We added another couple miles doing an intersecting trail
called Elle lane. Check out this website for great info and pics. *This
trail will apparently be on the CMW ride list for 2008!*

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/IronMountain.htm

--
MuniAddict

'My videos:' (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699)
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 19th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I found two potential camp sites, I'll be checking them out this
weekend.

Dos Picos,

and

Lake Jennings

Old February 19th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
seriousslacker

Hey Miles-

I'm in Los Angeles, but would be happy to help out, when I'm not
riding, of course. And if I can help from afar prior to the event, let
me know.

Cheers,

Don

--
seriousslacker
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 20th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

seriousslacker wrote:
Hey Miles-

I'm in Los Angeles, but would be happy to help out, when I'm not
riding, of course. And if I can help from afar prior to the event, let
me know.

Cheers,

Don

Awesome, and thanks.

I'll let you know when I figure out what I need people to be doing.

-Miles