Where the cyclists in America belong: back alleys, gutters andsidewalks

Old April 15th 08, 11:11 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
donquijote1954

Default "NEVER TRUST THE BEAST!"

How sad, you have a strong idea and then you die because you were
wrong all along. Case in point is how Crocodile Hunter was killed by a
manta ray while trying to prove that sea monsters were quite
harmless... No, they are not. I say, "NEVER TRUST THE BEAST!" A basic
concept in the jungle.

Here's another example of people who die because of their wrong
ideas...

Is Cycling Dangerous?
Cyclist Ken Kifer uses statistics from a variety of reliable sources
to show that bicycling is not as dangerous as people often think it
is. I think his number of cyclists is a bit optimisitic, and that
makes the fractional risk a bit too small in some cases, but overall
he makes a good argument that cycling is not that risky. Sadly, Ken
was killed by a drunken driver in September 2003 while he was
bicycling.

Old April 16th 08, 12:48 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
donquijote1954

Default Cyclist Stabs Motorist

Well, America ain't alone in the law of the jungle. Even civilized
Canada suffers from it. But the solution is the same...

"if the cops do something about how much worse driving has gotten in
the city, even stupid humans will play nice to avoid consequences,
which they won't do just because it is right."

Cyclist Stabs Motorist
Posted November 2nd, 2007 by vic in road rage
The Toronto Star is reporting that a cyclist stabbed a motorist with a
screwdriver after a road rage incident. It happened this morning at
around 9:45am at the corner of College and McCaul.

A few more details on the City News website. They believe the cyclist
was a "courier".

It hurts me to read about incidents like this. I have no idea what
caused this altercation, or why the cyclist felt it was necessary to
stab the motorist. I was honked at and flipped off by a motorist on
Dundas St. this morning, then almost nailed by a left-turning car near
my work. But even when bad things happen to me on the road, I never
even come close to wanting to stab someone.

All this madness on the roads needs to end.

cars as weapons
On November 2nd, 2007 tanya says:
Definitely its not acceptable to stab a motorist over a road rage
altercation. Its not acceptable either to threaten them by waving a
knife in their face.

But yet when motorists get "road rage" they have a deadly weapon right
under their right foot. I've encountered motorists who will try to
intimidate me by gunning for me, then swerving at the last minute. Its
sad that this kind of knife waving is all too socially "acceptable".

Human nature is s%$#
On November 2nd, 2007 Aidan says:
Who cares what the guy's job, or lack of, was. He went postal. The
fact that every cyclist commenting here has likely fantasized about
doing something similar points to what we put up with. Human nature is
s%$#, but if the cops do something about how much worse driving has

http://www.ibiketo.ca/node/1735

Old April 16th 08, 01:43 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Myal

donquijote1954 wrote:
[...]

guns fix it , cyclists need guns , guns = get respect , guns make
cyclists equal to truckies

the answer is GUZ GUNZ GUNZ

Old April 16th 08, 02:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default only the strong (read SUVs and cars) survive

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]
You know, I can't quite recall which Bible verse talks about
bicycling.[...]

Must not be a very interesting or important book if it does not discuss
cycling.

Cycling, beer, cows and Usenet are important; all the rest is rubbish.

Old April 16th 08, 03:02 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Where the cyclists in America belong: back alleys, gutters andsidewalks

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]
Its gonna be hard for me to ride one of my bikes..yes I do also ride
bicycles...to work every day with the 900 lbs of tools, welders and
parts that I drag around for the average 135 miles per day that I
drive. [...]
my two biggest fears when driving are kids chasing a ball across the
roadway,[...]

Why? Children are hardly large enough to do more than cosmetic damage to
your truck.

Old April 16th 08, 03:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Myal wrote:
[...]
guns fix it , cyclists need guns , guns = get respect , guns make
cyclists equal to truckies

the answer is GUZ GUNZ GUNZ

Spike Bike lives!

Old April 16th 08, 03:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]
You know, I can't quite recall which Bible verse talks about
bicycling.[...]

Must not be a very interesting or important book if it does not discuss
cycling.

Cycling, beer, cows and Usenet are important; all the rest is rubbish.

The posts of Ed Dolan the Great of ARBR should also be added to the above
list.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 16th 08, 03:36 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]
Its gonna be hard for me to ride one of my bikes..yes I do also ride
bicycles...to work every day with the 900 lbs of tools, welders and
parts that I drag around for the average 135 miles per day that I
drive. [...]
my two biggest fears when driving are kids chasing a ball across the
roadway,[...]

Why? Children are hardly large enough to do more than cosmetic damage to
your truck.

Well, he loves his god damn ****ing truck more than he cares about children
as befits any self-respecting truck driver. Yea, macho man!

Old April 16th 08, 04:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]
You know, I can't quite recall which Bible verse talks about
bicycling.[...]

Must not be a very interesting or important book if it does not discuss
cycling.

Cycling, beer, cows and Usenet are important; all the rest is rubbish.

The posts of Ed Dolan the Great of ARBR should also be added to the above
list.

Are not those part of Usenet?

Old April 16th 08, 05:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Gunner[_2_]

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:02:28 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana
wrote:

You know, I can't quite recall which Bible verse talks about
bicycling. *I'd
be happy to look it up in my own copy if you could provide book,
chapter
and verse.

Cindy Hamilton- Hide quoted text -

It's evident enough... HE RODE A DONKEY.

You get the point? He chose the most humble mode of transportation
around, saying like a bike today.

Would that be a $20 Huffy..or the latest deep pocket custom made hip
slick and cool hiteck carbonfibre and titanium ultralight ride so
prefered by the "humble bike riders"?

Hummmm???

Or perhaps a "Big Wheel" in Barbie color scheme?

Gunner