Tailbone Protection For MUni?

Old September 26th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shug

Default Tailbone Protection For MUni?

Been riding a good bit of MUni lately and take a good fall now and then.
A couple of them have been to the backside .... on me buttocks. Ha.
Although so far no tailbone injury, it has been close on rocks and logs
especially jumping down wet stuff. No worries though ... I am gonna do
it one way or another. But....
Does anyone wear a tail pad or such?
Any advise would be truly appreciated. I Thankee..

--
Shug

Industrial Strength Chafing
Old September 26th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vanpaun

661 bomber shorts should do the trick!

http://tinyurl.com/4v5nuc

http://tinyurl.com/3wba89

--
vanpaun

'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'My Video' (http://tinyurl.com/3tv4cl)
'Custom Uni-Gear' (http://www.zazzle.com/unipsychle)
Old September 26th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shug

vanpaun wrote:
661 bomber shorts should do the trick!

Those look really sturdy! Thanks for the consideration and I will
consider them. They don't seem terribly expensive ..

Old September 26th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vanpaun

Oh yeah, so you don't get monkey butt, http://tinyurl.com/4bnqzn

Old September 26th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

I'm not sure exactly what kind of riding your doing but I used to do
some fairly technical speed muni and that was the one thing I didn't
injure.

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-Incubate now. Hatch later.-

What's brown and
sticky?
a stick.
Protect your right to arm bears.

-ahh... what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to
see him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni
Old September 26th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shug

Goats_On_Unicycles wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what kind of riding your doing but I used to do
some fairly technical speed muni and that was the one thing I didn't
injure.

Well ... wet rocks for one. I probably just need to improve my
technique. Hurt the tailbone as a younger feller and just do not want
to do it again.
Also I could play hookie from work in those days, can't now!

Old September 26th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

I see. Then I certainly think it would be prudent to get some
protection.
I havn't done many wet rocks but it kinda scared me when you mentioned
them. heh.

Old September 26th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

While still kind of at the learning stage I fell backwards and bruised
my tailbone (I don't have much padding back there. I couldn't sit w/o
any discomfort for almost two months. Sitting on the saddle wasn't as
bad as a chair so I could still practice.

After that I almost always wear those 661 Pro Bomber shorts. I have
the small size and they were still very loose, so I sowed the padded
sections together. They didn't have enough padding for my skinny but
so I added some 2"X6" upulstry foam nearly 2 ft long, and I wrap it
around my hips and but between the 661's and my cycling shorts then
regular shorts or pants over that.

I like the hard armor of my 661's. I'm thinking of adding another pair
of soft padded shorts to substitute my foam, like maybee 'these'
(http://tinyurl.com/3kdsh) or 'these' (http://tinyurl.com/3jb7zf).

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old September 26th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
muni_guy

Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has replied with the ultimate
solution to tailbone protection from none other than MUni pioneer George
Peck.

His eloquent, readily available using items found at the supermarket,
diy and inexpensive method for tailbone protection is probably second to
none.

THE SECRET TO HIS PROTECTIVE METHOD IS THE ABSORPTION FACTOR OF KITTY
LITTER.

An instructional video of the construction of his kitty litter and
newspaper (I think newspaper was involved in the construction, correct
me if I'm wrong) tailbone protection can be found on the classic MUni
video "Rough Terrian Unicycling", which is also featured on the UNiVERsE
2 DVD.

I haven't had the opportunity to construct my own kitty litter tailbone
protection, so your mileage may very.

Carl

--
muni_guy
Old September 26th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pseudonym

If cost is an issue then you could always employ the power-bocking
method of tail bone protection. four 10" lengths of foam pipe insulation
and duct tape - 'PIC' (http://powerbockresources.com/tailbonepad-w.jpg).

Maybe you could fill each pipe with kitty litter to increase the
protection.

--
Pseudonym

Sore tailbone mill_mobile Unicycling 2 February 12th 08 08:39 AM
Sore tailbone unidunc Unicycling 0 February 12th 08 06:39 AM
advice to relieve tailbone pain John Q. Public Techniques 6 October 16th 06 04:44 PM
Busted Tailbone won't heal completely Memphis Mud Unicycling 10 June 5th 04 09:09 AM
Pain in the tailbone benmatthews Unicycling 8 November 10th 03 08:01 AM