Dressed as a transportational cyclist

Old January 5th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Dressed as a transportational cyclist

It was raining to beat the band this morning on the way to work. Enough
so that I felt that going the 5 or 6 miles to the park and ride was
enough.

You know, I think of myself as a "transportational" cyclist. Someone
who rides not just for fun -- and don't get me wrong, I do have fun --
but also to get places. And this morning, I felt like I was decked out
as a transportational cyclist. Someone who is used to riding in the
dark and rain. So here I was, waiting for the bus, in my booties and
orange reflective vest and technical-fabric jacket. And then someone
else comes up to the bus stop in this downpour. He's riding a Huffy.
He's wearing a navy blue blazer, white button-down shirt, striped tie,
grey slacks, and a nice pair of shiny black loafers. And you know what?
He's just as much a transportational cyclist, and dressed as one.

P.S. I got a new job today!! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky )
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
See the books I've set free at:
http://bookcrossing.com/referr*al/Cpetersky

Old January 5th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default What's your job? [was "Dressed as a transportational cyclist"]

"Claire" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Awesome Claire,

You sound like a tough chick. And, if you don't mind me asking, "what do you
do?"

After asking that question, I'd like to know what others do for work.

I'm a librarian.

Cully_J

Old January 5th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Claire" wrote in message
ps.com...

P.S. I got a new job today!! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!

Congratulations, Claire!

Cheers, helen s

Old January 5th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Claire wrote on Thursday 05 January 2006 22:21:

P.S. I got a new job today!! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!

Congrastulations, Claire. Hope it's a good 'un?
--
Regards
Alex
Old January 5th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Woo hoo to Claire on the employment. I've thought exactly the same
about other transportational cyclists who dress "normally." I've even
moved more toward looking like a DUI cyclist instead of the fully
decked out OCP who also happens to ride to work.

Cully_J wrote:

I'm a librarian.

I hunt and destroy spammers for a living. The bounty is still pretty
good if you can bag enough of them.

RFM
http://www.cyclelicio.us/

Old January 6th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 5 Jan 2006 14:21:57 -0800, "Claire" wrote:

P.S. I got a new job today!! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!

We want to know all the details. How far is it from home? Is it
close to a bus line if you need to ride? Where will you park your
bike? Does it have showers? Can you see outside to check the weather
before your ride home?

Oh yeah, and do you think you'll like the job?

Pat

Email address works as is.
Old January 6th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Fritz M" wrote in news:1136504644.338982.209400
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

I hunt and destroy spammers for a living. The bounty is still pretty
good if you can bag enough of them.

RFM
http://www.cyclelicio.us/

In that case, would you kindly consider going after a certain spammoid
haunting this group and r.b.t.? We would all be so thankful. :-)

--

Hoi Polloi
Old January 6th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Patrick Lamb" wrote in message
On 5 Jan 2006 14:21:57 -0800, "Claire" wrote:

P.S. I got a new job today!! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!

We want to know all the details. How far is it from home? Is it
close to a bus line if you need to ride? Where will you park your
bike? Does it have showers? Can you see outside to check the weather
before your ride home?

Oh yeah, and do you think you'll like the job?

Since Claire posts under her own name and this is a public newsgroup, she
loves the job. Her cow orkers are marvelous people, all kind and helpful and
skillful and willing to mentor her. Her boss is up for canonization. The
benefits are perfect.

Old January 6th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 5 Jan 2006 14:21:57 -0800, "Claire" wrote:

P.S. I got a new job today!! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!

So how's the parking?
--
zk
Old January 6th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Any luck working on the guy posting http highracers blogspot com ?

Fritz M wrote:
I hunt and destroy spammers for a living. The bounty is still pretty
good if you can bag enough of them.
RFM
http://www.cyclelicio.us/

Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 787 January 31st 06 08:42 AM
Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark Elisa Francesca Roselli General 766 January 31st 06 12:31 AM
Cyclist attcked in Sheffield! John UK 86 December 22nd 05 07:56 PM
Head on bike crash kills cyclist.... mrbubl General 12 August 20th 05 09:38 PM
Cyclist killed in King's Lynn - hit & run dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 20 December 17th 03 04:36 PM