!The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

Old December 7th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

Default !The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

frame by frame analysys is here.! for 360 unispin. hope it helps
download powerpoint at http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~ga069n

--
gabetheunicycleman

unicycleman does not stand..... he sits on the air --unicycleman-
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054

Old December 7th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KlownLife

For rolling 180 spins, I try to jump straight in the air rather than
putting unequal force on one pedal, this should stop your pedals from
"hicking". Same goes for 360s.
As for hands on or hands off, I personally keep my hands on, even for
540s, so it's really preference. I would recommend keeping hold of the
handle as I think it gives more stablity when landing, but try this out
for yourself. Also, something that none have mentioned, or I've not
noticed, I try to land seat in, again even on 540s. This tends to make
it easier to land on the pedals. I found when trying to land seat out I
was too far back to land on the pedals.

It seems this is quite an important skill for alot of people, I like
that as unispins have always had a special place in my heart, so I
might try and get out and film a tutorial on a couple of things for you
guys.

Jas

--
KlownLife

unifreak7 wrote:
It's believed we could all fly, move things with our minds, read minds,
tell the future, if we used 100%. To me believing in yourself not only
helps if your going really big. If there's no fear, (tech stuff), it
doesn't really matter, It's just what the body does.

-Shaun Johanneson

KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

Old December 7th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

gabetheunicycleman wrote:
frame by frame analysys is here.! for 360 unispin. hope it helps
download powerpoint at http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~ga069n

hahaha look at the name of the file on the site!

Nice!. I think my biggest problem is hand positioning. I've got to get
better at 180's first too. Very nice work on the powerpoint though it
explains a lot of things. Theres one blank slide though lol

--
Chexjc

www.myspace.com/thelostguitarist

habbywall wrote:
Dude, Jason, or chexjc or what ever your called, you are seriously my
magic hero, you must teach me how you do all of that stuff!!
For real though, you are amazing.

Check out my videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JasonCheckla
Chexjc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13511

Old December 8th 06, 09:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

now to get this post back to the front page....

Old December 8th 06, 09:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jamin

gabetheunicycleman wrote:
frame by frame analysys is here.! for 360 unispin. hope it helps
download powerpoint at http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~ga069n

hahaha look at the name of the file on the site!

Yeah I saw the name and went "what da?"

|Filename: frame by frame what.JPG |

Jamin
Jamin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12597

Old December 10th 06, 09:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

can someone post a tutorial on rolling 180 unispins or smallspins

--
gabetheunicycleman

unicycleman does not stand..... he sits on the air --unicycleman-

5 months of riding and i can do a 360 unispin.woot.
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054

Old December 10th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Dumpweed

i know u all posted how to but i like to just add this in lol

screw usin shoes and shin guard find the some bear traps put them on
and well train urself to not mess up cause u wont forget the pain after
smashing ur shins and landing wrong on those pedals a few times thats
what i did to learn even tho i still suck at it oh and i did use shoes
lol but my shines took a beating but i wont miss the landing and if i
do i know to keep the uni miles away from me

--
Dumpweed

DUMPWEED
Dumpweed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13659

Old December 10th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Dumpweed

gabetheunicycleman wrote:
u have plastic pedals dont you.

nope i road with bear traps i broke the plastic ones, took them off my
old mountain bike, my legs were killed from them

Old December 11th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chester1234

Jerrick wrote:
Well, lets start shall we?

Thx Jerrick, this helped ALOT. I finally landed a unispin after 3 days
of practice.

Learning the 180 jump mount really helps.

--
chester1234
chester1234's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13698

I need the idiots guide to rolling hops. elmer Unicycling 6 January 31st 06 05:29 PM
I need the idiots guide to rolling hops. Erin Unicycling 3 January 31st 06 02:33 AM
More on collective nouns Claude Australia 2 October 14th 05 01:28 PM
Collective noun DeF Australia 19 October 3rd 05 01:29 PM
FS The Collective DVD Scott Gates Marketplace 0 November 3rd 04 03:23 AM