Waiting in traffic lines.

Old April 17th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

Default Waiting in traffic lines.

Marz writtificated

do other folks wait in line or do you ride through stationary traffic?

I always filter far enough to guarantee getting through on the green. If
the traffic in front will pass me before the next light I don't bother
filtering forwards of it unless I'm in a hurry. Being, say, three cars
back at the lights means 3 fewer cars given the opportunity to overtake too
close. This is a particularly good idea when it's a large vehicle like a
bus.

On the coldest days I filter to the back of a bus, and warm myself in it's
exhaust. Long as you're close enough your head is above the fumes and it's
all toasty-warm.

Waiting in traffic lines. Martin Dann UK 5 May 15th 08 03:04 PM
Waiting in traffic lines. DennisTheBald General 5 April 21st 08 06:36 PM
Waiting in traffic lines. DougC UK 5 April 19th 08 10:34 AM
Waiting in traffic lines. Simon Mason[_2_] General 22 April 18th 08 06:34 PM
Waiting in traffic lines. Simon Mason[_2_] UK 22 April 18th 08 06:34 PM