Disabled cycling arson attack

Old November 29th 09, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Disabled cycling arson attack

As reported in 'London Cyclist', a charity that supports disabled
cyclists, unlike our railways and pavement legislation, is seeking
sponsors following an arson attack.

"A Brixton-based charity that encourages disabled cyclists, and has
close links to LCC, is having to review its Lambeth project after its
storeroom was destroyed by arson.

It's hoped a new storeroom can be found to continue cycling sessions
for the disabled, and financial donations are welcomed to help replace
fire-damaged bikes and to buy a new storage container (visit the
website for more details on how you can help).

Wheels For Wellbeing manager Janet Paske said, "As it stands, we can’t
run any sessions from Brockwell Park until the spring.

"That means the people who were coming to us for fun, fresh air and
cycling will suffer because there is nowhere else near with the range
of bikes that we offer."

Arson attack wiped out storeroom and bikes

The fire on the night of Friday 16 October destroyed 12 three and four-
wheeled cycles and 11 bicycles. It also rendered the brick storeroom
near the lido unusable.

Paske said, "We really need somewhere to store our bicycles, and
perhaps to run our sessions too."

The fire is currently being investigated by Brixton Police.
Fortunately, Wheels For Wellbeing's Monday and Saturday sessions in
Croydon are not affected.

Email Janet via the website if you can help, or to find out when the
Lambeth sessions start again."

http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=1571
http://www.wheelsforwellbeing.org.uk/

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net

Disabled cyclists. Doug[_3_] UK 210 October 19th 09 08:35 AM
Disabled cycling at the Olympics but not on railway platforms wherewheelchairs are allowed. Doug[_3_] UK 41 September 23rd 09 07:32 AM
Why aren't disabled cyclists treated the same as disabled motorists? Doug[_3_] UK 67 June 15th 08 05:54 PM
Bridgeton Covered Bridge Arson [email protected] Rides 0 May 9th 05 04:04 AM
disabled swimmer Nancy U UK 8 August 3rd 04 10:19 PM