Sheldon Brown

Old October 9th 03, 02:45 PM
Marty

Default Sheldon Brown

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message ws.com...
"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
(Marty) wrote:

Goodness me!
I started this thread 4 years ago and it's resurfaced!
You have to be careful of what you say in case it's resurrected and
used as evidence against you.
I wonder if anyone wants to dig up those helmet arguments I used to
have with Tom Kunich?

Anyway, good on you Sheldon, it's people like you that keep the world
turning in the right direction.

C'mon now - if it was up to Sheldon, the world would turn in the LEFT
direction. ;-)

Oh, you mean this thread is showing up again because it's reverse threaded?

Cross threaded maybe?
Old October 9th 03, 03:54 PM
David L. Johnson

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 05:15:04 +0000, Mark Hickey wrote:

Sometimes left is right, Mark. Listen to Sheldon.

If you're talking ear rings, we agree... ;-)

You know, when I got one of those, my kids were quite concerned about
which ear it should go on. But since I run around outside all the time in
spandex and tights, I*don't think people's opinion of my sexual
orientation will be all that much influenced by which ear my ear ring is on.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | The lottery is a tax on those who fail to understand
_`\(,_ | mathematics.
(_)/ (_) |

Old October 9th 03, 05:40 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Tony Raven wrote:
: I have a friend who's children were referred to a "speech correctionist" in
: the USA for having a speech impediment aka a Scottish accent.

laugh it up. i was referred to the same for an australian/malay accent upon
moving to the US.

& i have never been the same.
--
david reuteler

Old October 9th 03, 07:42 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Depends which part of Scotland :-)

I do like an Aberdeenshire accent.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Old October 10th 03, 12:35 PM
Simon Brooke

"Tony Raven" writes:

W K wrote:

There is no such thing as a British accent.

I have a friend who's children were referred to a "speech correctionist" in
the USA for having a speech impediment aka a Scottish accent.

H'mmm. Can you spell 'cultural imperialism'?

;; Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

Old October 10th 03, 12:37 PM
Ian

Simon Brooke must be edykated coz e writed:

"Tony Raven" writes:

W K wrote:

There is no such thing as a British accent.

I have a friend who's children were referred to a "speech correctionist" in
the USA for having a speech impediment aka a Scottish accent.

H'mmm. Can you spell 'cultural imperialism'?

No.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk