Carbon Fiber Base bolting idea

Old June 24th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Carbon Fiber Base bolting idea

I just recently replaced the broken base on my KH saddle with a carbon
fiber base. I was ready to file square holes and use carriage bolts,
when I came up with another idea. I took (2) 3/4" 1/4-20 bolts and a
piece of 3/16" steel rod.
I then brazed the steel rod to the 2 bolts. I made 3 of these. 1 for
the back bumper and 2 for the front handle.
This assembly holds the bolts in place and keeps them from spinning
when you put tighten the nuts to hold the handle and bumper in place.

The right bolt looks crooked, it's just the angle that it was
photographed.

I used (4) 1/4-20 bolts and nylock nuts to hold the seat post in
place. Instead of using a rubber gasket between the seat post and the
cf base, I cut a rectangle from the side of a plastic bucket. The
plastic gasket offers protection between the base and the post, but
doesn't compress like rubber does.

|Filename: Bolts for carbon fiber seat.jpg |

One on one

Amazing. YOU'RE a waffler too!! And we BOTH unicycle! We're just the
same! That's why I like you, Greg!
-BillyTheMountain

You ARE me, you silly goose.
-Greg Harper
One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740

Old June 24th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I need some of those!
Thats a really cool idea. My carbon fiber seat is very complicated to
put together since the only bolts that don't spin are the seatpost
bolts so I have to be creative when putting the bumper and handle on.
Lets just say I am lucky I have torn holes in the sides of my cover
from riding

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
(See a pattern?)
............'Bedford Unicycles' (BedfordUnicycles.ca)

Old June 24th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I have the old miyata double threaded U bolts on my one seat.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*