Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Old July 22nd 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nathan

Default Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Congratulations Mike! I don't know the ages of everyone on the list here
but I was 48 years 1 month old when we did ours June 2007. So it sounds
like you "beat" me by a few months!

Loved those photos. We are in Sweden now - you should see how gorgeous
it is.

---Nathan

--
nathan
Old July 22nd 08, 09:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Great job Mike! 10,000:100:1 is ridiculous! You are a beast. Did you
have a brake to help you with some of those downhills? Were the
tri-drilled cranks of much use for this as well?

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
Old July 22nd 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

siafirede wrote:
Great job Mike! 10,000:100:1 is ridiculous! You are a beast. Did you
have a brake to help you with some of those downhills? Were the
tri-drilled cranks of much use for this as well?

No, still don't use a Brake , and yes the tri-drilled cranks rock.
I rode the whole thing in 145 mode. I thought I might go longer for the
last Cat 1 climb, but my legs were solid and made it. Yeah how about
that !10,000:100:1

nathan wrote:
Loved those photos. We are in Sweden now - you should see how gorgeous
it is.

It would be interesting to see the ages of the riders on the list when
they completed there rides. I have alot of friends from Sweden here in
Aspen, they still are rubbing in the Red Wings championship. They talk
alot about the beauty, (summer) there..... but still love living here
in Aspen. Enjoy Sweden.

In the first post, I should have said my average "riding" elevation was
around 10,000', not "climbing" elevation.

--
aspenmike
Old July 22nd 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

What an awe inspiring ride Mike! I hope to one day pursue some longer
36er rides in such beautiful country. Right now I'm stuck in
sweltering northern Alabama with no mountains ... I did enjoy my 3
weeks in Lake City, Colorado; capped off with a great run at the
Hardrock 100 so I can't complain too much. I am going to do my first
metric century on my 36er this September though... Again great ride!

--
MuniSano
Old July 22nd 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

MuniSano wrote:
What an awe inspiring ride Mike! I hope to one day pursue some longer
36er rides in such beautiful country. I am going to do my first
metric century on my 36er this September though... Again great ride!

Thanks MuniSano, someday you will. Just keep at it, and setting goals.
You can run in these long events now, so the 36er is next. You spend
time in the high country here, you know how magical it is. Glad your
time went well this year.

--
aspenmike